Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bowties Forever

skeepwerkzaz
    If I were to start a project such as this it woud need to be somethig off the hook. The Allison 250 puts out right around 400 hp,
    the real allison to use is the one that they put on the c130 or the p3 orion. This engine can be continuously operated with the output shaft spinning right around 4000 hp
    Now that would be a roostertail!
    skeep

Slick
    Skeep,
    I've only met Dan. Never actually done any work for me yet. I decided to use them from a few referals and a buddy of mine used to use him 8 or 9 years ago. He's going to do the pump and carb work and turn the engine over. Been sitting for a few years. I'm about as handy as tits on a Tom Cat. I also got lucky because he's only a few miles from the house. It'll be very convenient versus dragging the boat down to Dry Doc. Is your brother bringing his tunnel here or are you meeting at the river? Good luck regardless. It's always fun breaking in new toys. Can't wait to get mine wet.
    Slick

Skeep is it?
    Well I'm gonna be at Havasu for Memorial Day weekend. I'm running a 1976 big blue oval 460. It's built with all the best stuff. Stock pistons, rods, heads, and has been dyno'd at just shy of 300 horsepower. If ya got the guts and think you can run 62 mph, bring it on brother. That's right, you read it right, 62 mph. I'll be a waitin for ya! Boat's name is Squirtcha? (you'll be able to read it on the transom as I pass ya)

Slick
    Hey, Squirtcha
    62mph is a very respectable # for a 20-21' stock or lightly modified jet. My 21' open bow tank will run just shy of 60 with four people and fuel cells half full(that's 24 Gal). You might want to keep that FoMoCo on the trailer until you can come up with some better #'s if your gonna brag like that. However, if your big block is putting out less than 300 horse (is it sick or something) and running 60+, you've got a fast hull.
    Slick
    [This message has been edited by Slick (edited April 27, 2001).]

mister460
    Hey Spectra! I'm originally from Bellingham, Washington. My parents have a bed and breakfast there(I moved out and joined the Marines!) It's called A Secret Garden B&B. If you ever head down south of the border(Lake Whatcom's a decent size, 13 miles long I think) I could set you up with a deal. It's an awesome place, you should check it out! Oh yeah, one final thing. Fords are the original and the best, no questions. Unless you fix motors for a living. Then Chev's are your friend!!;-)

spectras only
    Mister, Lake Whatcom is an awsome place.We go there occasionally,Dave [californiamarine] used to take all his Catalina boats for testdrive there in the seventies and eigthies.Great lunchramp and free as well.Beautiful homes lining the shores all along.A bit small for running all day.You hit the throttle hard and your at the and of the lake fast.That's why I got the 24 Spectra , so I can cruise the Gulf Islands and the Georgia Straight and you're never at the same place.I enjoy my 20 footer to go to Pitt Lake that's about 15 miles long and I can reach it in 1/2 hour from my house.If you make it up here, look me up and I give you a scenic ride.By the way I'm totally unbiased about engines,cars and motorcyles.Used to be picky about women when I was younger but I'm married now and have an 11 year old son who's keen about boats [future boater,hehe]
    [This message has been edited by spectras only (edited April 27, 2001).]

squirt
    Hey spectra I too once had a 1970 LS6, it was in 1977 and I stuck it in a 1967 GTO. I'm still washing out those shorts. Now adays I'm playing with an L88 for da jet

spectras only
    My buddy just sold his 1970 Chevelle LS-6 on e-bay for 42.000 $CDN .He had 150 calls on it,and the second caller bought it.It was absolutely mint.He could have got more for it if he waited ,but the car only cost him 23.000,and he didn't want to loose the sure buyer. Your L88 is a sweet engine,perfect for a squirt to get quick RPM's.A good buddy of mine had a 67 vette with a 427 that he swapped in and out of his 20 Howard while he restored the car.He had a two speed lenco tranny and v-drive.The boat did an easy 70MPH with that setup.We didn't have GPS back then,so it's a ballpark figure only.A sober reminder about boating and drinking; my buddy died doing what he liked best,having a few beer he went out on a midnight cruise with one of his buddy and hit one of those ski platforms that used to be commonplace in the lakes around here.He hit his had on the steering wheel and passed out while the boat was sinking.He's buddy managed to get to shore and he went down like a true captain with his ship.It was a waste, because he lived in boat heaven in Penticton with all the toys one could dream about.One more about L88's, I remember a ride in a 19 pickle fork hydro with an L88 and that was heart stopping compare to my deep freeboarded spectra.

skeepwerkzaz
    Squirtcha,
    I remember your ride from Hot boat, I remember being impressed, it's a real looker.
    I am sorry though, but mine is going to be a real monster. A long time school mate of mine bought a machine shop in Nor-cal a few years ago called TEM. They have since gotten a real big reputation for top of the line racing motors (mostly pontiacs, but also chevys) He is the one that did my head work, machine work and cam selection. When it is jetted and tuned I'll be expecting a little over 600 horses. If your 62 mph is a real number, then my boat would have to break down to lose a race, but it would be fun anyway! I may just drive up the road to havasu and look for the nice orange and yellow "squirtcha" My boat is dark blue and orange and is named "squirt-gun"
    SKEEP

skeepwerkzaz
    Slick,
    My bro is coming out here, we are either going to bartlett or sahuaro. We are gonna pull the dawn-patrol either way so we can be on the water as the sun is rising. We are going to break it in on the water. If you ever need help with your ride, let me know. I am an aircract mechanic, ase certified etc. I built my ride from the ground up. Paint,wiring,rigging, etc. I also assembled my engine, fuel system,interior. I also have enough time on weekends for side-work, and I don't cost nearly what dry-dock does.
    SKEEP

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast