Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bowties Forever

77charger
    I'm a chevy person but do have a blue oval in my boat 1970 429.11.5-1 motor babe erson cam performer rpm,holley,headers.It has surprised me and convinced me that SOMEFORDS can run with the bbcs.boat will do an honest 70mph.might not be a total racer buy not bad for a jet.

Geez common guys it's a joke. Like 62 is something to brag on. Re-read the post like it's supposed to be funny. Try it again common you'll get it I'm sure. What do ya think a stock 460 is pushing horsepower wise. More than 300? I'd be surprised. Plus mine is so old and tired it probably doesn't have the ponies that it did when it was new. COMMON IT WAS A J0KE!

Rivertoys_com
    I have a 460 in my 18' Hawaiian with Kieth Black forged pistons, solid lifters, roller rockers, etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda. I thought the 460 was the only draw-back when I bought the boat. When I had to rebuild it last spring, my dad suggested what he called a "Ford Performace Package upgrade - 454 Chevy". I chose to work with what I had and still would love to have a bb chevy, but for now I pushing hard into the mid-to-upper 60 mph range (66 on gps two years ago - before the rebuild w/ 97 degree heat, two adult males, full cooler, 3/4 tank of gas and my boat holds 46 gallons). So I say, Chevy's forever - unless all you have is Ford! BUT I pull my boat with a CHEVY! ;-)

Cas42
    well, at least you put your Ford right where it belongs, behind a Chevy.
    Anyway, I've never owned a Ford product, doubt I ever will too. When I was looking to buy a boat, if it had a Ford, I wouldn't take a 2nd look.
    My previous boat had an Olds/Berkeley package in an 18' Tahiti mold. It was a very strong motor from day 1, never had a stock or mild Ford beat it. Being the Chevy guy that I am, I always wanted to have a BBC so when I sold that old Tahiti I knew in my heart the next boat I got would have a Chev.
    12 years later, I finally got it and ya know what? Ford, Chevy, Olds or whatever else, it makes no difference, money and more money is going to be spent "fixing" it.
    Squirtcha, wanna race?

Sorry for the late response. I was out in the garage working on the boat. Sure thing Cas any time.

INFINITEJJ
    Squirtcha?, I got it the first time around and thought it was great. I'm in the same boat as you. (old, tired and loose) Kinda sounds like a wife joke, but the old gal still looks pretty good and she goes about 60 mph.

Yes. I am vindicated. Thanks InfiniteJJ for getting that little tongue in cheek bit of humor. I thought it was wasted for a minute there. I reckon you'd have to know my warped sense of humor (or have one of your own) in order to pick up on it.
    Cheers and roooooosters away!

skeepwerkzaz
    Squirtcha,
    I get it. Sort of like taking out a personal ad........ SWM,5'2" 275 lbs, hairy, lives with parents, enjoys comic books.
    Love to meet up with you sometime and shoot the breeze in person, Maybe in Havasu. Slick, took the daytona to the Lake today (sat) had a great time until we got into boost @ around 90 and blew the blower off the manifold!!!! pulled the studs right out. Ouch!
    SKEEP

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by skeepwerkzaz:
    Squirtcha,
    I get it. Sort of like taking out a personal ad........ SWM,5'2" 275 lbs, hairy, lives with parents, enjoys comic books.
    Love to meet up with you sometime and shoot the breeze in person, Maybe in Havasu. Slick, took the daytona to the Lake today (sat) had a great time until we got into boost @ around 90 and blew the blower off the manifold!!!! pulled the studs right out. Ouch!
    SKEEP
    Hey skeep, question for you. What happened at that speed? Did the motor keep running and the boat settled to a stop or???
    chet

Hey Skeep
    Sorry to hear about the blower trying to get away from you. Hope you had that bad boy strapped down. Also hope the damage wasn't too severe. What lake did ya go to? We went to FireBird Lake yesterday for the races and headed to Bartlett today.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast