Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bowties Forever

spectras only
    Hey Skeep, you should have had borrowed a couple of leather straps from those 1937 328 BMW's to hold your blower on hehe.Sorry dude ,it's a bummer what happened!

spectras only
    Hey Skeep, you should have had borrowed a couple of leather straps from those 1937 328 BMW's to hold your blower on hehe.Sorry dude ,it's a bummer what happened!

spectras only
    Skeep, I hope you borrowed some MG hood leather straps at least,to keep your blower inside the boat, hehe.Sorry dude,it's a bad thing to ruin a nice day.What happened, your pupoff valve stuck?

spectras only
    Skeep, I hope you borrowed some MG hood leather straps at least,to keep your blower inside the boat, hehe.Sorry dude,it's a bad thing to ruin a nice day.What happened, your pupoff valve stuck?

skeepwerkzaz
    Well here is the story......
    Got to Sahuaro @ 6:00am sat. Put in, fired the motor and it would run up to 2 grand and then crap out.. troubleshot the MSD box. As the boost increased the lame box couldn't fire the plugs. So we yanked the 6AL, drove th Mesa and warrantied it at Checker, put it in and were golden. Around 1:00pm we were under way again, drove across the lake at around 3500-4000 rpm to break the motor in and then went up the chute toward the dam. Found some clear water and decided to give her the spurs. About 7-8 seconds in to our speed-run massive BOOM CLANK etc. and the motor stopped, we coasted to a stop and flooded the bilge and sponsons. I thought the blower sneezed, or sheared the snout cuz when I looked back, the belt was slack. We pulled the seats out of our sphincters and found that all of the studs were pulled out of the manifold, i.e. the blower was no-longer attached to the engine, and squirtcha, the only thing holding it on was the belt. A bag/restraint of some sort is definately in the future. We haven't gotten into it yet to see if we sucked up a slug or two of water, but we'll keep our fingers crossed. I'll keep you informed as to the outcome.
    SKEEP

MellowYelloW
    Hey guys, quick question...I am 24yrs old and like you skeep started with mom and dad back in the early days, any way finally got my own boat (1980 rogers BBC w/ 12jg, place diverter and ride plate) any way was wondering is there a limit on how loud your boat can be on the river, i have bassets and the baffles i have, i was told that they kill like 30% of my power. any help would be great. I too stay in parker when at the river we have a place at RIVERLAND my boat will not be out memoral day but two weeks later..june 15,16,&17, feel free to come down and hit me up. always up for a nice little run. boat is yellow brown and white.
    take care and hope to hear back.
    thanks
    brian

85 decibels. For some reason it's not enforced. I've seen (and own) open headers. I've run right next to the Sheriffs dept. boat, (today in fact) and Game and Fish and never got a ticket or even stopped. I thought for the longest time we had no noise restrictions. One day I found the statute on Game and Fish website if I'm not mistaken.

Slick
    Hey guys,
    Wow, I sure missed a lot over the weekend. Hey, Squirtcha, if I didn't read your post the way it was supposed to, I apologize. Had a bad week or so at work and kind of left me sense of humor at the door. Went back to read it and it was pretty funny. What I wrote in responce makes me sound like even more of an ass than yours did. Ha Ha. Skeep, real sorry to hear about your brother's boat. Good thing for the strap. That would be a real bummer to have lost the blower out the back of the boat or worse to have somebody's head taken off.
    Mr. Mellow, if there's a sound ordinance, I've never heard of it being enforced on the river. Know a guy with a 28' Warrior w/twin 900hp somethings. It's real loud and I know he's never been cited.
    Well, didn't get a thing done on the boat this weekend. Wife gave me *&*^ about helping her with garage sale. Oh, well. It'll get done. Still hoping to get to cuttin' next weekend.
    Congratulations to Skeep for bringing out the best and worst in us and starting a fun post.
    Slick

spectras only
    Mellow, it's 85 DB at 50 feet.I haven't seen it enforced yet,but I read it in boating mags,that they even outlaw the captain's choice system in favour of an automatic system.You know how governments work,it won't be long before they endorse some law for a muffling device for us.Get a header if you want power ,but put it through the transom and below waterline at idle speed.

Righteo Spectras only. Kinda left out some important information there didn't I? 85 db @ 50 ft. Don't sweat the small stuff Slick. Been there and done all that. My company just laid off 450 people last week. YEEEEEOW. That hurts. Even my boss (classic good guy, and workaholic) got the ax. Man that's tooooooo close to home. Kinda makes me glad I relinquished my management position last year. They're always the ones to get it first, it seems. Safe for now (knocking on woodgrain formica). Anyhow we're cool.
    Roooooosters Awaaaaaay
    Cheers
    Squirtcha?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast