Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Bowties Forever

Timer
    MellowYelloW, I just bought some Bassett inserts he calls hypos which have steel wool in them. He said that very little power is lost. He's coming out with some new kind in about a month that will have some device in them that will open up at higher rpm's, but he thought the ones available now would be best for my application (v-drive). By the way, they wouldn't go in all the way with the bolt hole at the bottom, but rotated 90 degrees they would, so I drilled a new hole in each one. Guess my old headers aren't round or something.

Timer
    MellowYelloW, I just bought some Bassett inserts he calls hypos which have steel wool in them. He said that very little power is lost. He's coming out with some new kind in about a month that will have some device in them that will open up at higher rpm's, but he thought the ones available now would be best for my application (v-drive). By the way, they wouldn't go in all the way with the bolt hole at the bottom, but rotated 90 degrees they would, so I drilled a new hole in each one. Guess my old headers aren't round or something.

Timer
    Oooops! Sorry about the twitchy mouse finger and the wrong face guy.

jroos
    I`m convinced with Ford power. Don`t spend so much time turnin` wrenches now. Chevy was always the cheapest to build and had a much larger selection of aftermarket parts. But I dared to be different and it paid off with FREE TIME!

MellowYelloW
    thanks alot for the info guys...i dont think i will run the baffles on the river but i will probably bring them with me. hope to see you guys out there. hey any one interested in starting a parker strip boat club? if so e-mail me at nosymp4u@aol.com
    name is Brian.
    take care hope to hear from you guys soon!

INFINITEJJ
    This topic has seemed to light a fire under everybodies *$$. I can't wait to get online before and/or after work to see what's up. It's all good reading , great information, excelent friendships and superior fun. Keep it up!!
    JON

froggystyle
    Originally posted by INFINITEJJ:
    This topic has seemed to light a fire under everybodies *$$. I can't wait to get online before and/or after work to see what's up. It's all good reading , great information, excelent friendships and superior fun. Keep it up!!
    JON
    All in good fun. The best thing about the big blue ovals, is at least Ford had the sense to circle the main problem!! hee hee Hope to see you all at Parker this year, I'll be the guy in the black 19' blown Daytona trying to break 108 at 7:00 in the morning! I just hope that all goes well, and I don't tow home a hull full of swap-meet goodies. If you see the boat, flag me down, I would love to meet you guys.

froggystyle
    Well in any one is still looking at this post, we ran 108 on the gun (downriver) on Friday morning, no problems. Friday afternoon when Skeep showed up we started it to take a quick cruise because it was running sooooooo good and sucked two valves on the launch ramp. Go figure. Anyway, new valves, springs, retainers, pushrods, rockerarms and seals later, it works great and ran another 108 on the gun this Friday at San Vicente here in San Diego (shhhhhhh) don't tell the Po Po. (the lake was closing and no one was out)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456