Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer geeks and gurus...check out this badboy

bigq
    I thought this was some great engineering on the part of Alienware. Nice custom case, liquid cooled, overclocked...sweet. the price is steep though :sqeyes:
    Alienware ALLX (http://www.alienware.com/ALX_pages/area51_alx.aspx)

dgie
    Alienware has some pretty good stuff; a friend of mine pieced an awesome system together through them. That's the only way to go, build it yourself and put in what you want. I hate packaged systems like Compaq, Dell, HP, etc. I have a Gateway myself Pentium 4 HT, seems ok, It was given to me, so I can not complain. I built my last system and prefer that way better.

NorCal Gameshow
    that is a bad boy..now shipping at "4 ghz w/533ddr ":2purples: makes my 3.0 i'm building seem like a slug.. that's the difference between their list of $5400 and my $700 or so ...

gramps
    I'll never buy a package system again. I have two of 'em here that are gonna become anchors real soon.

wsuwrhr
    A buddy of mine has been building water cooled setups since '98. He is a big time gamer guy. Pretty cool how much faster you can clock the CPU and video cards with the added cooling.
    I saw a few expensive parts get destroyed and go in the trash when he first tried it out.
    Brian

100mbs
    Really nice case! But way, way to much for that equipment. You can build it for half that price. Maybe you just buy the case prom them and put your stuff in it.

NorCal Gameshow
    there was a guy who wanted to know about liquid nitrogen for cpu cooling without a safe place to vent the vapors it might be a little hazardous to his health... :wink:

bigq
    There is plenty of placed to get liquid cooled cases, they just dont look that pretty. :wink: I have been pricing out one and can do the same thing for about 2200, but if you dont want to build it Alienware is the place to go for a custom hand built unit. I wouldnt trust a Dell or HP guy to build that. I have overclocked 3 systems, but they were all air cooled so you can only push them so far till it became unstable had best luck with the Celerons CPU.

dgie
    if you dont want to build it Alienware is the place to go for a custom hand built unit. I wouldnt trust a Dell or HP guy to build that. I have overclocked 3 systems, but they were all air cooled so you can only push them so far till it became unstable had best luck with the Celerons CPU.
    I never bought from Alienware; I like the idea of custom stuff, but like the flexibility of taking it off the shelf myself and plugging it into the board. I also like the fact that you are not tied to particular drivers and resource disks to reload the system. I have to admit though this is the first time I heard of anyone stating they liked Celeron, not that there is anything wrong with that. Is anyone running Linux out there?

Sleek-Jet
    There is a couple peeps on here that run Linux. I've got my hard-drive partitioned and waiting to load Linux on part of it, to see how I like it. If all goes well I'm going to go full Linux sometime in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast