Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lakes ????

Squirtin Thunder
    I just got back from test riding my F250 Land yaht. It handled the chop well. The holeshot is much better. That 2 degs advance was the ticket. Thanks Lakes and Steelcomp for the help.
    Jim

LakesOnly
    I just got back from test riding my F250. The holeshot is much better. That 2 degs advance was the ticket. Thanks Lakes and Steelcomp for the help.
    Jim
    My Pleasure. You just advanced your valve timing events by 8 degrees. Now your intake valve closes sooner (relative to crank orientaion) and you have greater dynamic compression ratio as a result.
    And by the way, it works on all engines! Y'all keep it in mind when you're dialing in rpm range for your jet pump, or something like that.
    LO
    p.s.: You guys with non-computer controlled ignition systems: Remember to check your ignition timing and re-adjust as necessary after this modification!

LakesOnly
    Well I found that the '91 F250 7.5L (460) came from the factory with a double roller timing set and they are straight up.
    Jim
    Oops, did I miss something here? The double-roller part is no surprise, but the timing is zeroed? Did you change your cam chain or not?
    (Whatever the case, my above post remains true when this modification is made.)
    LO

Squirtin Thunder
    Lakes,
    It was a big surprise to me. All the old BBFs I have delt with are that way, 4degs retarded that is. But with the RPM range of this truck it will help on the big hills and in town racing from stop light to stop light. And of course pulling that super unheavy Sanger Custom Sprint with the Little BBF up the Tahatchapis. Or towing those GM vehicals back from where ever they broke.
    Thanks
    Jim

Squirtin Thunder
    Steelcomp watcha lookin at???
    Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12