Thread: has anyone done this mod with a Jacuzzi Jet

hondajoey
    has anyone done the mod that wsuwrhr (brians boat shop) makes for the Jacuzzi jet that adapts a Berkley droop & place diverter to jacuzzi housing? is it worth the money is there any performance gains? Looks like a good idea

dave186
    i never got the chance. went to an energizer kit. ive got a spare WJ bowl just chillin if you dont want to chop up yours.

hondajoey
    dave was the energizer kit worth the trouble i have been kicking around the idea but someone said that the intake to the jacuzzi isnt the best and it was 1100.00 bucks. your thoughts? because right now i have no complaints against my current set-up but i dont have anything to compair it to.

dave186
    from what i have read here on the boards, if your jacuzzi is in good shape, i would just have it worked over. the reason i went with the energizer is because i needed to replace almost all of those parts anyway cause i trashed the pump. it was $1100, but i gained about 10mph from the old dead pump, and parts are a lot easier to find, i can bolt a diverter right up, etc.

BrendellaJet
    I had jack at MPD do this when he rebuilt my pump. There are a few other issues bac there that need to be addressed when doing the mod.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0_0280-med.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0_0281-med.JPG
    There are some other mods you want to make if you are gonna pay to have this done. It is definitely a performance upgrade, as the stock bowl is pretty restrictive. If you are gonna pay to have that done, Id definitely have the impeller worked on so you can take advantage of the free flowing bowl...
    Give Jack a call. He is one of the few proponents of modifying this pump. Everyone I have talked to that had him do it were very happy they did.

BrendellaJet
    Oh yeah, this applieas only to the 12WJ pump. Dont mess with the YJ. Convert it to a mixed flow pump using the energizer kit.

Floored
    look under floored in image center for my jacuzzi with berk droop, and diverter with ride plate

hondajoey
    Floored is this the mod that Brian offers or? was it worth it?
    i also like the work on Brendelas Jet Pump how much did that cost?
    i also have the WJ pump.

Floored
    jack at MPD used to do these years ago, so he told me. mine came this way and no complaints except pump is longer than my boat. happy with the Jacuzzi. 4 years with just grease it and go.