Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Motor size suggestion

VIPER
    Thanks for all the replies. I'll let you guys know what comes of the project. I have a line on a late 80's Merc 150. I'm gonna take a few pics of my boat under power this weekend(if it doesn't rain).
    Jim

Kim Hanson
    Kim, you're on glue!!!!!J/K I don't think that I'd go any bigger then a 150. I want to go a little faster on the water not in the ground. :skull: I would like to keep up or be close to some of the jet boats on the lake. Well, except for my buddy Larry's(waterrat on here) boat. It's a 509ci with a 6-71 stage 2 littlefield blower. It hits over 105mph in less than a 1/4 mile, but 70-75 would take care of most of the boats on the lake up here. I'm in CT and most people who have fast boats are into offshore boats.
    Thanks for your input also Tom. I'm looking now for a motor and will see what comes around.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    Comeon now, my boat weighs 900lbs, engine is 560lbs! If you squirt your shorts ripping it, just keep it slow! Or buy lots of depends :wink:
    its all in the look! But, its nice to know you can beat them if you want! Speed if my friend, be nice to your boat and she won't bite you!
    .......( . )( . ).........

VIPER
    Kim, you'll be happy to know I'm buying a Johnson 175 today. It might not be on the boat for a week or so,but I'll post a pic as soon as it's done. By the way your boat does look BADASS!!!!!
    Jim

CrazyHippy
    Be safe... Have a life vest on, and a chase boat nearby when you run it the 1st few times :crossx:
    Sounds like a good time waiting to happen
    BJH

Kim Hanson
    Kim, you'll be happy to know I'm buying a Johnson 175 today. It might not be on the boat for a week or so,but I'll post a pic as soon as it's done. By the way your boat does look BADASS!!!!!
    Jim
    Very nice choice in power, that will move it along pretty good! I can't wait for a picture of her, thanks on the HST. She rips hard and only had to go change my shorts once .....( . )( . ).........
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...IM0519-med.JPG

VIPER
    I went and picked up the motor tonight, it's cosmeticly(sp) challenged but runs excellent. We took it off the boat after we tested it and I was reading the ID tag....It's a 200 the guy had no idea what it was. He thought it was a 175 because the cover said it. Hey, I guess I win!!!! It's going to be a little bit before I put it on but will take pics as soon as it's done.

Kim Hanson
    I went and picked up the motor tonight, it's cosmeticly(sp) challenged but runs excellent. We took it off the boat after we tested it and I was reading the ID tag....It's a 200 the guy had no idea what it was. He thought it was a 175 because the cover said it. Hey, I guess I win!!!! It's going to be a little bit before I put it on but will take pics as soon as it's done.
    Now where talking, more power!.....( . )( . ),s!

Tom Brown
    Way to go, Viper. Let the big block spanking begin.

sorry dog
    What year OMC?

Boat Racer
    Do you have a jack-plate? And does the lower unit have the low water pick-up?
    Before you mount a motor, twice the size as before, check the transom and make sure your steering cables are good, and you might want to add the dual cables...
    What about props, 26-28P would be a good start...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast