C'mon guys, Jim Wilkes needs mail. I know most of you already know the answers...if not? Too cool to ask the questions. But surely there's still something worth talking about in the v-drive world. The last question in this issue classic, "Triple Digits Needed!" A bit of a shocker since I thought all you guys ran 100+ but interesting reading. And funny by contrast to Jet Techs, "60 mph Needed!"
In fact, Jim's column WAY more interesting than Bobbye Kenyon's usual blather about, "...A center console that pairs performance with styling in a sizzling(?) package that features an impressive standard list of amenities along with ample storage for your gear and hits the mid-60-mph notch." :sleeping: Blah, blah, blah...both her style and subject sucks!
Talk about BORING. How many subscribers actually read her offshore sh* I mean stuff?
By comparison, Wilkes (Tyler and Alan) talk to subjects true Hot Boaters actually care about, taking time to answer questions with detailed technical replies based on experience. Not just some boring recap of offshore points standings or comments Bobbye's famous for like, "The event not only showcased the racers awesome talents in the offshore arena, it also spotlighted their commitment and generosity towards local charitable efforts..." reading like a bogus political spin. Blah, blah blah.
Yet HBM, in their infinite wisdom (read monopoly w/no competition catering to big money advertisers) threaten to cancel Jim's column not Bobbye's? If that's the direction they want to go...then maybe they should cancel jet tech, i/o's and o/b's and axe the special performance section too. And change their name to Hot Ocean Going Yachts (HOGY's) Something's not right.
jer