Thread: Cougar 23MTR with 2.5s

Fasprop
    :eat: Anyone on this board have one or have experience with one. I am getting ready to purchase a 98 with 98 2.5s. I took a ride yesterday and the boat feels alot bigger than it is... Anyone? Runs well too.
    Thanks, Chris H.

mbrown2
    Don't know much about that boat...there was a member on here that had one with outboards, but they do not post much anymore...just check on insurance...100mph boats under 26 ft can be a problem to insure.

Fasprop
    Don't know much about that boat...there was a member on here that had one with outboards, but they do not post much anymore...just check on insurance...100mph boats under 26 ft can be a problem to insure.
    I had a Allison with a 2.5 and it was 900.00 a year... I better make a few calls :cry: I have been without a ride for two summers and the ins. man isn't stopping me... I hope he's cool though.
    Chris

mbrown2
    I had a Allison with a 2.5 and it was 900.00 a year... I better make a few calls :cry: I have been without a ride for two summers and the ins. man isn't stopping me... I hope he's cool though.
    Chris
    I should have said 100mph cats under 26 are tough to insure....that allison is a fast boat, but you can still tell those agents you primarily use it for fishing..

HP350SC
    They are solid, well built boats. Pretty good size for a 23' too. My friend has a 23 MTR with a blown 540. Has a couple handling quirks: porpoises around 30-40 mph, and carries front pretty high around 95-110, almost no trim needed as it gets a little squirrely. Cougar made several changes to the bottom between '97 and present. His is a "97. We believe the boat would benefit from fixed tunnel extension plates.

Fasprop
    Dr. Evil I know this hull is a 98 and thats it. The boat didn't do anything crazy at all. The boat does feel light when its upstairs though. Not real sure how much trim angle not much at all though. It handled the rough water really well, in fact it gave as good of a ride as the 25 talons I have ridden in.
    I was hoping to find someone who was running 2.5s on theres...

STV_Keith
    Try over at http://www.screamandfly.com There are several guys running them over there with OB's.

27mtrcougar
    i use to have a 2000 with 2.5s.i loved it. just traded up to a 27 foot.very well built,lots of freeboard for a 23 foot boat, tons of storage,and like you said it eats up big water.if 23 foot is the size your looking for go for it.

Fasprop
    So.. You had a 2000 with 2.5 mercs... Sounds like you liked the boat so what can you tell me about it? Man, I can imagine the 27 is nice!!!! Did you run it hard??? What was the outcome.
    Give me a call sometime or shoot me an email.
    Thanks, Chris Hicks :hammer2:
    I guess I should have said that I know you ran it hard What kind of numbers where you able to attain and... props of course. fasprop@aol.com