Thread: A good after market exhaust for my 502

vandeanoo
    Can anyone recommend a good after market exhaust for my 502. I'm tired of trying to fix the water leak between the exhaust manifold and the riser.
    Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Craig
    I bought my IMCO's through Teague. I used him becuase he carried IMCO, Gil, CMI, Lightning so I figured I wouldn't get a recommendation on one because it's the only one they carry I like the looks of the CMI better, but they're more $$$$ Had my exhaust on for about 5 years now, no problem. Even blew a hose off my seawater pump and heated the engine up enough to bubble the powdercoat on the exhaust. Had them stripped and recoated, been going fine for 2 more years!
    Craig

vandeanoo
    Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call

sleek willy
    I put Lightning headers on my blown 502. They made them to my dimentions , 3" taller to help keep the water out. If you don't spring for the stainless steel you are throwing money away. My new headers were replacing 5 year old steel lightnings that rusted out, I'm told life excpectany of any aftermarket stuff is about 5 years, unless it's stainless. You can't fix them once they've started leaking, so then you have a $1,500 piece of garage art :angry2: . The only good thing is that I'm told the stainless will last indefinetly .
    -Sleek Willy