Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open invite for youse peeps on the East Coast to come out to a West Coast party

SHOCKWAVETOM
    Consider it a West-East Coast get together.....
    Almost to the DAM RUN 10-9-04
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can anybody get this pinned at the top of HBW for me?
    We will be meeting outside the gas dock area at Katherines Landing just inside the no wake zone and leaving at 9AM..not 8AM. Please remember to be to the side and not block others leaving the launch area. We will be heading up and stopping outside of COTTONWOOD for a little bit. Some may be joining us there. After that it is up to an area short of Willow Beach for hanging out. After that it is up to Willow Beach. On the way back after you go thru the basin at the 12 mile marker on the AZ side there is a nice cove for us all to congegrate in and party for a few hours. There is even a little beach area with a little grass for the kids to play at while the adults do their thing. There is also a rock (not too high) that people can jump off if they want to. All out boats can fit nicely in this cove. Here is the deal with the BBQ stuff when we leave 12 mile....If you want to BBQ on the beach just bring out your BBQ and whatever you want to grill. Team up with others you know and walla....party! YOU CAN NOT BRING A CHARCOL GRILL OR LOGS TO LIGHT ON THE BEACH. I saw a sign this weekend stating they are NOT ALLOWED. As you leave the launch area there is a big beach area (cove) on the LH side. I think this is a good area to BBQ as it will pretty much be deserted and for the taking. After that it is a very short boat ride back to all of your slips and up to KL Hotel for kicking back and partying.
    1. SHOCKWAVETOM
    2. FRENCHIE-KL
    3. Nodigg
    4. Three Days Only-KL
    5. Dicudmore
    6. Bling Bling-KL
    7. SocalHD-KL
    8. TITTIES AND BEER
    9. Force 26-KL
    10. Andy and Bre-KL
    11. phuggit-KL
    12. LHC30Victory-KL
    13. Up 4 River-KL
    14. Dimarcobros-KL
    15. DryHeatOnly (DHO)-KL
    16. Boatfloating-KL
    17. SYA-KL
    18. Tomcat and Cans-KL
    19. Racer277-KL
    20. Doghouse
    21. HavaLife
    22. Boat030 + Mrs. -KL
    23. Roxysnow-KL
    24. Extreme Liquid
    25. Dexman
    26. Pussycat-KL
    27. 6 Dollar Boat-KL
    28. CustomCruiser-KL
    29. cola-KL
    30. Havasu Hangin'-KL
    31. Member: 7673 -KL
    32. Dale/Lisa from N CA..No HB name
    33. Mike37+ co-piolit boatslayer -KL
    34. Slink - KL
    35. Dusty Times -KL
    36. framer1
    37. Phebus
    38. Chocolate Cobalt
    39. Fast Timmy staying with Bre and Andy
    40. Domn8er
    41. Big Gunz
    42. RiverForUs - KL

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    good job Tom lets show them how we do it, here are some links to pics and a video from the last DAM RUN
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...AM+RUN+II+PICS
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...hlight=DAM+RUN

Wet Dream
    Thanks for the invite!! A little short on the notice, but thats cool. There was talk a couple years ago about doing something like an East-West thing, but never came to be...yet.
    You'll have better weather than us, I'm sure.

DansBlown73Nordic
    I think they should all meet us half way in Ohio...

SHOCKWAVETOM
    Maybe we should pick a date next year and try to come up with something. I think that would be fun and could turn into something special. Maybe we could rotate every year...for instance have the West Coast host it and put up all the East Coast people one year at a spot on the WC. Then flip it the next year. I volunteer to host somebody out here for a week.
    Or you could do the middle of the road thing and meet in between.
    Think of all the possibilities of a meeting of the boaters from accross the USA. All sorts of shiznit comes to mind
    This could be big people.....

Wet Dream
    Like I said, its been talked about. But there were several issues raised. One that really comes to mind is that some people didn't want to tow that far. There were some people more than willing, but there were others that were afraid to. By the time you involve the travel time there and back, you burn up most of the vacation. We almost had a location nailed, and the one that most people seemed to like was LOTO. Fairly central location.

DansBlown73Nordic
    I think it is a great idea. Maybe it could happen next year. Wet and I could load are boats on a flat bed.....TEAM trip..... :rollside:

Wet Dream
    There ya go!!! Thats a hell of an idea. Might be able to fit 3.

DansBlown73Nordic
    You me and Hammer.....

SHOCKWAVETOM
    I would be willing to try to help out and get something done. Seriously, I think it could turn into quite a thang'. Logistics of course are an issue but you can't expect everybody to participate or have the time.
    Let me know if you guys want to work on this....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast