Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2500HD Duramax problems...

Gerard
    I bought a new '04 2500HD with the Duramax/Allison tranny. I love the truck, but recently the engine light came on and it lost some power. Truck has less than 9K miles. It was built in March of 2004, so it shouldn't have injector problems like the previous models(I am told) I took it to the local dealer and they said that this is a problem that they don't have a solution for right now. WTF??
    I hope this isn't a recurring problem, so I will be able to tow my boat when needed. Anyone have a similar experience/ problems??
    It is the LLY motor

Jordy
    Is it the LLY or LB7?

OGShocker
    Sounds like a fuel filter. You can get bad fuel anytime. Happend to me on a trip to Canada in the middle of nowhere. EZ fix! Remember, no matter how bad your Chevy runs, it could be worse..... It could be a F.O.R.D....
    Good luck!

RiverOtter
    I thought those Duramaxes were bullit proof.

dicudmore
    it probably did temporarily drop an injector or drop fuel pressure to do that...

copperrat20
    Sounds like a fuel filter. You can get bad fuel anytime. Happend to me on a trip to Canada in the middle of nowhere. EZ fix! Remember, no matter how bad your Chevy runs, it could be worse..... It could be a F.O.R.D....
    Good luck!
    Oh no no no. I think the problem is that is isn't a ford!
    :shift:

dicudmore
    I thought those Duramaxes were bullit proof.
    they are

Jordy
    I took it to the local dealer and they said that this is a problem that they don't have a solution for right now. WTF??
    I think with comments like that, I'd find another dealer. Do they have any idea of what it is, and can't fix it, or do they just not know???

Gerard
    Is it the LLY or LB7?
    LLY

Gerard
    Good luck!
    Not the fuel filter. I just replaced it 500 miles ago.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast