Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any card players here? What's your fave card games?

FMluvswater
    I like cribbage, canasta, solitaire (bunch of different ones) and my all time fave is one that goes by lots of different names but I know it as "asshole".
    I'm considering trying to start up a card game night in my building (I gotta get away from this puter sometimes :supp: ).
    So what ones do y'all play? I may have to learn some new card games. :idea:

DEEZ NUTTS
    Used to play asshole in highschool all the time. Great drinking game. Problem after HS is that everyone played different and heads would always butt.
    Have a Holdem' game tonight. Fun, but I am not that good yet. Too many "players" in our game so I get taken out often. So after I'm out I start side betting on players still in the game with other losers to make my money back.

XtrmWakeborder
    Favorite game is thirteen....I've tried cribbage but that shits way too complicated

NorCal Gameshow
    Used to play asshole in highschool all the time. Great drinking game. Problem after HS is that everyone played different and heads would always butt.
    Have a Holdem' game tonight. Fun, but I am not that good yet. Too many "players" in our game so I get taken out often. So after I'm out I start side betting on players still in the game with other losers to make my money back.
    side betting with other losers...that's funny

FMluvswater
    I gotta ask what's Holdem'? ... if I can Google it I will but if it's a customised game please tell me the gist of the game?

Sleek-Jet
    Texas Hold 'em... It's all the rage right now. A variation of 5 card stud poker... kinda.

FMluvswater
    Texas Hold 'em... It's all the rage right now. A variation of 5 card stud poker ... kinda.
    I rot at poker ... can't bluff successfully even puter poker games seem to be able to tell if I try. Is there bluffing involved in Texas Hold'em?

Sleek-Jet
    I rot at poker ... can't bluff successfully even puter poker games seem to be able to tell if I try. Is there bluffing involved in Texas Hold'em?
    Oh yeah. You and everyone else at the table get 2 cards. Everyone bets based on the 2 cards in their hand. Then a card is burned (discarded) and three cards are drawn (or "Flopped") face up onto the table. You use your 2 cards in your hand and the 3 community cards and bet again. Then another card is burned, and 1 card is dealt (called the "Turn" card)onto the table, again face up. Another round of betting. Then the dealer burns one more card and then deals the final card (the "River" card). So, now you've got 2 cards that no one can see (the cards in your hand) and 5 cards face up on the table that all the players can use. Then you get to bet again. Finally all the players remaining show their cards and the highest hand winds.
    It sounds more confusing than it is. As poker games go it's pretty easy to master, but bluffing and knowing when to bet heavy based on the cards showing are the key to winning.

FMluvswater
    Thanks for taking the time to describe it to me, Sleek-Jet. I could easily picture the game play.

shueman
    Indian Poker...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast