Thread: Anyone have an EFI ?

Blown_Rob
    anyone have a new or used EFI BDS style with the enderle style hat for a blown motor ? i found pleanty of the mechanical injection systems but i want to go electronic! if you could help me out leave me a line thanks.

cruser
    BDS sells one. I saw it in the Doug Herbert catalog. I called them about it. They really want to keep it though. They want $5500-$6000, with out the blower. Ouch!! I want one too.
    cruzer

Unchained
    It's really not that difficult to assemble your own.
    The most difficult part will be welding the injector bungs into the manifold runners and mounting the fuel rails that hold the injectors in.
    You could send your intake manifold to someone who has the machining and welding skills and have them installed.
    Any system that uses the injectors mounted above the blower is less desirable than having them mounted as close to the valve as possible. That way the fuel is more likely to stay in suspension rather than settle out while going through an intercooler.
    You can buy the latest Haltech system for $ 1,590.00
    http://www.racetep.com/E6X.htm
    It comes complete with the wiring harness and sensors
    In addition to the ECU you need 8 injectors, $ 720.00
    Throttle bodies, You could use a bug catcher for one, $ 200.00 - 750.00
    I think a bug catcher flows over 2000 cfm.
    Fuel pump, $ 550. for a real good one
    Fuel pressure regulator, $ 165.00
    Misc. hoses and fittings $ 150.00
    Fuel rails $ 100.00
    This system is no wimpy setup like a Holley EFI and will have the capacity to flow enough for well over 1000 hp depending on the size of injectors you use. You can use a MAP sensor for up to 30 psi boost.
    Tuning the system will be a challenge, you need to have help from someone who has experience with the fuel mapping. I've got a pretty good handle on it now and could probably tune one in less than an hour.
    No matter what system you went with you should have a wide band O2 sensor.
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/lm1.php
    This will help you get the fuel maps right.
    EFI is the best setup available, every one will have it eventually.
    Turbo / EFI is how they get 8 hp / ci. out of a 104 ci Honda car engine.
    Oh no, I've got to learn something new !!!

HP350SC
    Great information Unchained, that answers several questions that I had. I had tossed around the idea of EFI on my setup, but I'm not that financially motivated I guess.

Blown_Rob
    thanks alot but you need fuel to run through the top of the blower for lubrication purposes according to the blower shop ! but yes i know bds makes one but i was hoping that someone had one used that they wanted to sell but great info thanks