Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rope deflector

Sangerboy
    Does anyone have a rope deflector that I could purchase? and if not what type of material is generally used to make one? thanks Greg

Kindsvater Flat
    I don't have one but I'm sure a stick and duct tape would work (farm supplies I know you have them) or a piece of conduit would work.

ACCEPTENCE
    Does anyone have a rope deflector that I could purchase? and if not what type of material is generally used to make one? thanks Greg
    Stainless tubing seems to work. Mount it to the front of the block and the top of the scoop. Put some angle on it and you'll get through tech.

Sangerboy
    Thanks guys, I'll track down some tubing. I just checked the tractor to scavange some parts but there wasn't any SS tubing anywhere on it..............

Kindsvater Flat
    Thanks guys, I'll track down some tubing. I just checked the tractor to scavange some parts but there wasn't any SS tubing anywhere on it..............
    You can use the umbrella loop off the tractor, they have a pretty good curve in them.

Sangerboy
    You can use the umbrella loop off the tractor, they have a pretty good curve in them.
    Sorry Mike, you lost me, too technical :messedup: :messedup:

Kindsvater Flat
    Sorry Greg..... Farmers that don't have cabs use umbrellas. I prefer cabs but for some reason dad didn't like them. I got an umbrella.

Fiat48
    Wrong options ordered on the tractor I guess.
    You farm guys...Back to the fields!!!!! Get on those Seedless mellons!
    May I suggest you get a conduit bender and just bend something to get you through tech. Not much invested that way and the final design (which you will change many times) you can do in stainless or aluminum and polish it. I hate the damn things! I made mine quick change so it is removeable and I do not have to put up with the thing at the lake.

Kindsvater Flat
    Found this cool motor shot.... but how do attach to the hat? And also how far forward do you attach it? Seems to me if you went hat to block the angle would be a little steep.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/cfwfd04...9Image0012.jpg

Fiat48
    This is the 3rd design and I don't like it much either but it get's by. Two recievers were made that screw into the top accessory bolt holes on the heads. Then 2 braces bolt to the intake manifold. Just sits in front of the hat and then 2 guy wires run to the wing. In the pic..the guy wires are just hangin down.
    I've had the wing off most of the year while I work with the boat. Working pretty good now so guess I could out the "head banger" back on.
    If Morg would just get his circle dealio done and flow coat my boat...I'd look real spiffy!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...CF0021-med.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast