Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex-Patriots voting

1978 Rogers
    Upon a little investigation ... Clinton didn't go to Canada to avoid the draft but made extraordinary efforts to avoid it....the story is pretty interesting reading. Pulling lots of strings got him out of getting drafted.
    It must be a party thing. Its' OK to draft dodge if you are or become a Democrat. It's bad if you below to another party. I got it.

v-drive
    When I came home from vietnam I knew a person that went awol after
    basic and layed low for 2 years. and when they started the amnesty program he came out of his hole and they just let him out on a general discharge. I always felt that was chicken shit until I realized he was the one that had to look in the mirror everyday. I think alot of those guys were just allowed to come home. v-drive

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    :yuk: :devil:

HighRoller
    I hope they bring back the draft because 90% of the liberals would make a run for the border!!!

eliminatedsprinter
    I hope they bring back the draft because 90% of the liberals would make a run for the border!!!
    You are probably correct. However, right now the movement in congress to re-instate the draft is being led by the left. Ie the current bill's author Charlie Rangle. But I don't think their hearts are in it, because they are surely just using it as a scare tactic. Im sure it's just another phoney part of their demagoguery.

HighRoller
    I really don't understand that whole deal. Right before he did that, Rangle was on the TV bitching, moaning and whining about National Guard members (who did volunteer) being seperated from their families. Then he tried to scare everyone to death by floating a rumor the Bush administration was considering reinstating the draft. What a douche bag. :yuk:

eliminatedsprinter
    I really don't understand that whole deal. Right before he did that, Rangle was on the TV bitching, moaning and whining about National Guard members (who did volunteer) being seperated from their families. Then he tried to scare everyone to death by floating a rumor the Bush administration was considering reinstating the draft. What a douche bag. :yuk:
    He (Rangle) is a fundementally dishonest flim flam man. He will say or do anything to stir up shi# and make things bad for Bush. He will do all he can to cause our country to fail as long Republicians hold the white house and control congress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12