After reading many posts today, I have come to the conclusion that there are alot of very knowledgeable Ford powered boat owners out there, so I'm hoping someone can fill me in on whats in the heads I have on my 21 ft Eliminator. The casting number is D3VE-A2A. I'm wondering if the intake ports are the same as the CJ heads, what the valve sizes are, chamber volume, etc. The intake manifold is a DOCE 9425-C. I saw an identical one at the swap meet last weekend, and it looks like it had the larger (CJ) intake ports. I'm wondering if the D3VE-A2A heads are matched to the manifold (without removing the manifold).
The exhaust ports still have all the bumps and notches in them I've read about in the posts. I plan on removing them. The engine has twin turbos on it, and I'm surprised the exhaust ports haven't been cleaned up! This also leads me to question the intake port matching.
The carb is a 750 CFM Holley with Vac secondaries and a 0.50" lift 214 deg (at 0.050") duration cam. The engine turns about 5000 RPM at 8 psi boost. I don't know the speed, but the pump is a Dominator (don't know the impellor cut).
I'm thinking the engine should wrap out a little higher than 5k. Does anyone out there have suggestions on the carburation and cam set-up? Thanks Tim