Thread: The Mandella is lakeworthy!

Ex PSI Canyon
    Took it out today for it's maiden voyage, everything went fine except boat needs prop change. We will see everyone at Freeboard. She runs!!

Kurtis500
    Took it out today for it's maiden voyage, everything went fine except boat needs prop change. We will see everyone at Freeboard. She runs!!
    Ex PSI Canyon, have you talked to Eddies Inboard Marine in Tucson? I talked to the owner last week at Apache Lake, he said they have a number of those down there they are restoring. His is a show piece. Apparently his father made those boats..
    Good luck!

83nordic
    I must have missed the lead into this, what year and make is your Mandella? I have a couple in various stages of refit, well built boats and a nice ride.

Ex PSI Canyon
    The boat road extremely well, I have to put a 2 blade on there, I have 3 blade that lifted the tail quite a bit. My prop puller did'nt work so I had to leave it on there. Small block was moved to 35 in from transom, seems to work well but of course I had no speed with the existing prop. Cant wait to get it out again. The boat is a 72 used to be owned by Holy Moly, few changes made by Dan Nelson at Jett performance along with myself. I really enjoy driving it. Matt

boatguy222
    I don't want to high jack this thread, but do any of Mandella guys have a factory splash guard for a flatbottom that you would like to sell? or know where you can get one? I have a friend who lurks here that would really like to have one for his boat. thanks

83nordic
    Ex psi, I bought the tranny from that boat, looks very nice, maybe we will see you around next year. I hope to have a long deck finished by April for the season opener. What kind of power did you put back in? Good luck.
    BoatGuy
    Have your friend contact Eddie Mcpheeters, the splash guards are hard to find but he may be able to help out. Eddies Inboard 520-400-1423

Ex PSI Canyon
    Put a fairly nasty 383 chevy with the same blower set up that was on it previously, little different feeling than my last boat but still fun.