Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SimCity Classic (aka MS-DOS version)

FMluvswater
    Found it. Downloaded it. Now it wants me to mount c drive . How do I tell it I'm a chick and can't mount a damn thing?!

572Daytona
    Do a mount c c:\simcity (or whatever directory simcity is in)
    then do c:
    then type simcity (or whatever the name of the bat file is that starts up simcity)

FMluvswater
    Whatever I'm doing I'm doing it wrong I get as far as successfully (who knew? :supp: ) mounting c drive to C:\SIMCITY but after that I'm screwing up somehow. Seems no matter what I type I get illegal file name error message. I just wanna play a favorite old game.

572Daytona
    After mounting C and changing to the c drive, type dir to see the list of files and look for a .bat file, For the version of Sim City that I have it was sim256.bat so I had to type sim256 to start it up

FMluvswater
    The file path is c:\SIMCITY\SIMCITYW\SWC.EXE so what am I supposed to do with this screen now?

572Daytona
    It looks like that is the Windows (not Dos) version of Simcity which probably won't run under Dosbox. I think I have that version as well, let me install it and see if I can get it to work.

FMluvswater
    It looks like that is the Windows (not Dos) version of Simcity which probably won't run under Dosbox. I think I have that version as well, let me install it and see if I can get it to work.
    Just two minutes before you posted I skeptically double clicked the shortcut to SIMCITY icon and it worked without using dosbox. However I still can't get Brix to work, lol, figures. Thank-you for helping me so much lately 572Daytona. Your patience and tolerance amaze me! I don't mean to be such a pain in the ass I really don't.

FMluvswater
    I GOT IT TO WORK!! I have BRIX!!! Yay!!! Goodbye Sandbar I'll miss you guys in those crucial seconds between Brix levels.

572Daytona
    Congrats! I've never played Brix, it looks like something on the idea of Tetris which I was never that good at. I got Sims2 for my daughter last week and it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade her computer to run it, the upgrades never end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast