Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SimCity Classic (aka MS-DOS version)

FMluvswater
    Brix is not like tetris IMO I hate tetris I suck at that game! LOL! Brix is timed puzzles. Gotta figure out which objects to move and when, in order to make all the objects disappear to clear the level and go to next level. No falling objects unless it's a level that flips upside down every 30 seconds (those are tricky). I already got stumped tonight on a level that gave me grief the first time I ever played and now I can't remember the trick to beating the clock, lol! I'll figure it out again! Later tonight.
    I've seen the demo of Sims2 - it looks incredible! I have The Living Large version of the Sims and I love it! I'd really like to try out the Sims2. What kinda requirements does it have in order to play? I'm considering giving myself more RAM and a bigger HD for Christmas and/or my birthday. :idea:

572Daytona
    The specs on Sims 2 is min 800mhz processor, 256Mb ram and a DirectX 9 video card, i.e. Radeon 7200 or GEForce2 or greater. I was all set on my daughters with the exception of the video card where she is still using a Voodoo3. I was able to get it installed and running on my wifes computer but I still had issues since EA has blacklisted certain CD Copying programs and refused to run until I uninstalled some of them, talk about big brother But it's running and my daughter is happy, although my wife has to fight her for computer time, I'm sure she will ok an upgrade very soon that way though to get her own PC back :rollside:

FMluvswater
    Nothing like having to share as a motivator to help someone else get ahead! Sharing a puter feels so wrong when you just aren't used to it. It's rough for me sometimes when my son wants to use mine ... I'm also worried he's gonna do something to make it not work (he has a knack for accessing files and changing settings without permission first time he did that he was 16 months old and my ex saw just in time a prompt box worded something like "Are you sure you want to reformat c:\ drive?" ) To this day we don't know how he did that. He was in a dos keyboard banger game for babies and he would have had to choose lots of different options just to get out of that program nevermind how he got into control options, lol. Best we can figure he was watching his Dad before and just memorised the screens and keys to press ... but still! :supp:
    Sharing can be scary.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123