Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Question: Private Schools vs Public Schools......

PlyaPlya22
    Myself and all 5 of my brothers all went to the same schools all the way through high shcool. Our District has been a Blue Ribbon School for the past 15 yrs. I have to say that I had the option of sending my kids to private school but we chose to keep them in the same district that I grew up in. It was tough in the beginning but it was well worth the struggle. They'll be in H.S. next year. Gosh, how time flys. My personal opinion is that now days society is so diverse and kids really need to be able to interact with all different types of people and situations. I would rather keep my kids in public schools and get them a tutor for the one on oneing that may be needed to get them over the hump. I also belive that kids need to be involved in some type of after school activity. Just my .o2

Kilrtoy
    PLYA
    go to bed, Your kids are in DIAMOND BAR, NEED I SAY MORE.

PlyaPlya22
    PLYA
    go to bed, Your kids are in DIAMOND BAR, NEED I SAY MORE.
    There's bad trees in every orchard.

Kilrtoy
    There's bad trees in every orchard.
    That is true, but the worst there are still better than the BEST in South Central

PlyaPlya22
    I am going to have to agree with you there. That's where I believe the parents really need to step up and make a difference

Kilrtoy
    I am going to have to agree with you there. That's where I believe the parents really need to step up and make a difference
    The wife and I have TWO hours a night of home work and I thought I left school 20 years ago

PlyaPlya22
    The wife and I have TWO hours a night of home work and I thought I left school 20 years ago
    i know how that is :frown:

XtrmWakeborder
    LOL this reminds me of the teachers stike at my highschool..ohh man that was a good week. I'm not yet convinced teachers are underpaid due to the fact that i had several claiming over 100k a year, which is pretty good considering they only bring back home what they have to grade, and thats not much due to teachers assistants.

BADBLOWN572
    Well, coming from someone who graduated within the last 6 years, I would choose the RIGHT private school. I went to public school from K-8 and it was a nightmare. I was a major discipline problem because they couldn't do anything to me. Many of the people I was hanging out with either went on to serious trouble (ie...jail) or never went very far in life. These people were from very afluent families and had every opportunity to make it big in life.
    To get me to break away from the public school norm, my parents said that I was going to go to a private school for high school. Not only was it a private school, it was a private, Catholic, all boys school. Boy did my life change and fast. I realized that I couldn't coast all the way through school and that I would only get out what I put in. I developed new friends, broke away from the old ones, and had a great time. Came out of there ready for college, and college was cake. I learned how to prepare in high school and college classes were easier than high school. My high school was also very diverse. We had people from every race/religion/economic background possible. Some were silver spoon babies, and others were on full scholarships.
    As for the not being prepared socially for when you get out of private schools, I think that is B.S! It is the parents fault if they are not. Private schools don't deprive you of anything socially and as long as the parents don't shelter the kid, it won't be that bad. I have seen more people who are sheltered get F'ed up than those who were allowed to "experiment" with social aspects. I was always given "enough rope to hang myself" according to my dad, and when I got out, the world was not something that I just came into and so I did fine. Many people I know always had their parents holding their hand and when they came out, look out!!! The world was a new place for them and many of them fell flat on their face.
    This whole thing is just my .02 from my experiences and from what some of my friends went through. All private schools are not good & all public schools are not bad. The thing is to find the right match for the student and learning style. I needed more personalized attention, and I got it. I came out prepared for the next step. If I had to do it all over, I would go to private school in a heartbeat over public. I met quite a few good connections in the business world and was one step ahead, in my opinion, than if I went to public school.

Debbolas
    Try teaching in the La Verne school district it is ALMOST double that.
    let me get one thing straight
    I HAVE NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR THE TEACHING PROFESSION.
    But I hate to hear that they are under paid. Do they deserve more money? Yes they do, BUT BY NO MEANS ARE THEY UNDER PAID
    DUDE!!!
    It sooooo depends on the district. Fontana Unified is starting first year teachers out at $24,000 a year. If you have a Masters you get a little more.
    I will say it again....................N O ONE GOES INTO TEACHING FOR THE MONEY!!!!!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast