Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Question: Private Schools vs Public Schools......

Kilrtoy
    DUDE!!!
    It sooooo depends on the district. Fontana Unified is starting first year teachers out at $24,000 a year. If you have a Masters you get a little more.
    I will say it again....................N O ONE GOES INTO TEACHING FOR THE MONEY!!!!!
    DEB, That is Riverside county what do you expect...
    or is it San Berdo, doesnt matter same difference

Debbolas
    Never The Less,
    No ONE GOES INTO TEACHING FOR THE MONEY......................

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Well........
    Seeing what private school has done for my two young kids, Boy-6 & Girl-4, along with my wife staying at home with them, I would have a hard time changing anything.
    Sure.....I liked the extra income when my wife worked and the $700 a month for the private school would really help my boating habit, but I am really happy with the results.....
    Damn.....My 6 year old boy is already speaking a bit of Spanish !!!!!
    Plus.....It's just safer.....
    ......."Man....but a BIGGER boat would be cool..........Hey Honey?".....
    CJG

Bad2DBone
    Ok, so I am a noob here but I saw this thread and I was wanting to add a little something to it. Have any of you thought about home schooling?
    My wife and I have work hours that allow either one or both of us to be at home with our kids during the day. So although my son is only 5 we decided to try and home school instead of public schooling.
    We have quite a few friends who home school as well and are in home school co-ops.
    Right now we spend about an hour or so a day with him on science, math and writing.
    We have some friends who have 6 kids and they have home schooled them all. The oldest is 16 and just finished her first year at the University of Washington in the spring. Their 13 and 14 year olds have both competed in the national spelling bee in D.C and have done quite well.
    I know home schooling gets a bad rap for numerous reasons but for us it seems like a good choice right now.
    So, how about home schooling? Yay or nay....

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011