Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Question: Private Schools vs Public Schools......

TrojanDan
    I compare the teachers now a days to the police department, They are there just picking up a paycheck, could care less about there job. Atleast in L.A. They are burned out overburdened and unsupported by the upper level and parents....
    You forgot way underpaid, teachers that is.

Debbolas
    I compare the teachers now a days to the police department, They are there just picking up a paycheck, could care less about there job. Atleast in L.A. They are burned out overburdened and unsupported by the upper level and parents....
    The LAUSD is too big to manage.....It pisses me off when the Teacher Union has television ads.
    It is weird to get both sides of the arguement.
    Teachers blame the parents.
    Parents blame the teachers.

IN2MX
    That would all depend on what public school system you are talking about
    LAUSD SUCKS
    What you talkin' bout??? Birmingham RULES and San Fernando has all the HOT Girls!!
    But then again, RESEDA HIGH SUCKS ASS!!!!!

Ziggy
    Public schools for both of my kids..and luckily we are in a pretty highly rated disctrict. Son Graduated HS in 2001, followed by Vocational school for auto mechanics..its what he wanted and has done rather well with it, he was not a very diligent general ed student.
    Daughter in 6th grade now, member of the Gate program(advanced learners)..she excells in school, diligent with her work and very organized. Her state tests last year rated her in the top 10% in the state.
    A few of my friends went through Private/Catholic schools and are no different than the rest, maybe a little less socially adept.
    Much has to do with us taking an active roll in their schooling...so much depends on that...way to many people that use school just as a babysitting tool and complain about crap that has little to do with education.
    Parents need to be involved, regardless of where they attend school.

mickeyfinn
    Here in Georgia we are not ranked as the highest in education by any means, However we still put our kids in Public School. Our experience has been that the state you live in or the particular school you go to does not guarantee a better education. The key to insuring that your child gets a good education is getting YOURSELF involved in your kids education. My experience talking with teachers is that they have a very high frustration level due to apathy on the students as well as the students parents part. Two kids in the same class with the same teacher can get a vastly different education just due to the parents supporting what the school is trying to do. I personally believe that this is one of the reasons why private schools are consistently higher. I don't think they have better teachers, I don't think they have better equipment. What they do have is better students and more support from the students parents. Most single parent families can't afford private school, single parents tend to be less involved as a group than two parent household. (twice as many people to get involved). Single parent families also as a rule tend to be lower income with the single parent subject to work more hours, hours that are not the usual 8 to 5 type hours and have less time to spend with their children and teachers.
    I guess what I am trying to say is that in my opinion the most important part of seeing that your child gets a good education is not the school that he/she goes to but the parents being a part of the childs education.
    Okay,.......off my soapbox now.

Kilrtoy
    This outta piss everyone off, TEACHERS UNDERPAID
    YEAH RIGHT
    Starting salary for a teacher is $30 an hour in lausd.
    Ok let me hear it

mickeyfinn
    Since we are trying to piss people off how about this one:
    Those who can DO those who can't TEACH

DUNDUN
    I go to public high school, in the murrieta valley unified school district... Yeah, the education is great :hammerhea lol, but seriously, its not bad. my bro's 6th grade teacher who has like 150 students spends the time to call every students mom and dad if the student has a 65% or below...
    i love my school, they dont bother chicks about dress code really at all, we can get away with headphones around campus for the most part, and they are easy on the chicks when it comes to dress code... :smile: :smile: :smile:

Kilrtoy
    Since we are trying to piss people off how about this one:
    Those who can DO those who can't TEACH
    I have heard it like this,
    teaching is for those who cant get real jobs.
    OH they are gonna kill me now.....

R-Babe
    I have heard it like this,
    teaching is for those who cant get real jobs.
    OH they are gonna kill me now.....
    That wasn't nice!! :hammerhea

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast