Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast is too fast in a small boat (22')

jackpunx
    Hey Mark, what are you planning to do for more power? I was fairly comfortable around 110, until I overtrimmed it and almost flipped :notam: Water conditions are a big factor. That being said, in ideal conditions, and keeping the ride flat I think 120-125 should be OK. Above that, and someone else can drive and I'll watch.
    Ive have not gotten out of shape at speeds yet.. (110-115).. Im thinking that it should be ok at 130 in the right conditions.. I put a call into Al Im pretty sure my hull has done 124..

jackpunx
    I think alot depends on what your going for.
    You wanna boat for 1/2 mile in smooth water or one that will stay stable for the long haul.
    Your boat should be stable at high speeds in the right water.
    tell us more!!!
    RAcer
    As of now the boat is stable and I cant imagine it not being stable.. I know those ski racers can run 130+.. I want to be able to run the long haul and not kill my motor..
    I'll tell you more when I confirm a few things..
    Lets just say we have a mutual friend that will be getting a fast one.. I need to stay a few steps in front of him

HP350SC
    Ive have not gotten out of shape at speeds yet.. (110-115).. Im thinking that it should be ok at 130 in the right conditions.. I put a call into Al Im pretty sure my hull has done 124..
    That was my fault, I need my ass kicked for being that dumb.
    Going to need another 150 hp to get solid 120's, whatcha got in mind?

riverliver
    Just sell it and buy a big ass cat !!!!

jackpunx
    That was my fault, I need my ass kicked for being that dumb.
    Going to need another 150 hp to get solid 120's, whatcha got in mind?
    about 150-200hp.. I'll decide by the end of this weekend..and then I'll let you know what Im up to

bordsmnj
    As of now the boat is stable and I cant imagine it not being stable.. I know those ski racers can run 130+.. I want to be able to run the long haul and not kill my motor..
    I'll tell you more when I confirm a few things..
    Lets just say we have a mutual friend that will be getting a fast one.. I need to stay a few steps in front of him
    ??? check your pm's please

Craig
    My boat is called a 22' boat, but is really 20' 4" from transom to bow. I've run 114.5 in it and that had to be perfect conditions. At that point there would be no dodging anything that jetted out in front. Like others had said, you just have to pick and choose your place. If I can ever get the thing back together for a nice Decmeber run in Havasu, I'm hoping to get 120 with some different props. But this time I will make sure I at least have a good Life Line jacket. Your going in the right direction by checking with the hull builder.
    Craig

RACER52
    easy cure=new manifold and and extra s.c.
    nothin like the sound of the quad at 14lbs boost.
    oh and another carb===130mph no prob.

HP350SC
    easy cure=new manifold and and extra s.c.
    nothin like the sound of the quad at 14lbs boost.
    oh and another carb===130mph no prob.
    Quad=Cool Easy? Easy to bolt on, not so easy to pay for lol. His short block is stock, would need other stuff to run 14 lbs. He's talking 540 on the phone. I think I'll pass on the 540 for now.

Boat Racer
    a 22' boat is no drag boat, so prop it tall and push the pedal all the way to the floor...
    I'd be disapointed with anything under 110mph...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast