Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Debate

Not all moderators run a nazi style regime like they do here on ***boat.
    By the way, I'm philosophically opposed to someone telling a president and/or potential president what they can or cannot say. What kind of candidate would submit to the will of some TV types? ... not one that ought to be running the country, I would contend. If anyone deserves some leeway, perhaps it ought to be the next leader of your country.
    My point was that the "debate" (joke in itself) had preset parameters and rules totaling 32 pages I've heard. And that while GW adhered to these overly restrictive preset rules for the most part, the moderator continually allowed Kerry to ramble on whatever subject he wanted to even if it had nothing to do with the present question. If it were set up to be a free for all fine, but that wasn't the deal going in. So under those preset and predetermined circumstances I think the moderation sucked. Not that I agree with the format or moderation principles in the first place but they were what they were and it was a joke. If you're going to have rules they should be enforced. If not why have them in the first place. That was my point. Just like the illegal aliens being allowed to cross our borders and bankrupt our country at will... another joke.

It must be getting cold in Canatardia for you to be watching US political shiznit.

Tom Brown
    It must be getting cold in Canatardia for you to be watching US political shiznit.
    Mike, I have a ton of respect for you as a person as well as your opinions.
    Actually, I find the US political system interesting. A lot of Canadians whine about US politics but I think your system is probably sleightly less screwed up than ours, however, our system is not without merrit.
    By the way, the nazi comment was tongue in cheek. It was an attempt at humor with no offence intended.

Second "PLACE"
    So.............how did a discussion about the presidential debates turn into a shooting contest? :idea:
    You guys crack me up!!! :clover:
    God Bless America
    I didn't read the entire thread, but just glancing at it thought the Presidential debate had turned into a challenge of a gun fight between Bush and Kerry! Who would I put my $1000.00 on you ask? BUSH no question. He could Easily shoot John Kerry dead, on any course any time. Hell maybe we could arange that to happen..................................In BEAUMONT.

Froggystyle
    I'll bet I can out manouver you with a combine in hilly, bushy, country.
    No contest Tom. You accel at what you like best inevitably, and we all know about your affinity for hills and bush. Not to mention country girls.
    But, I am not claiming that all Canadians can't drive combines for shit either...

Tom Brown
    I'm all about the hydrostatic drive.

eliminatedsprinter
    But, I am not claiming that all Canadians can't drive combines for shit either...
    Well, obviously they can't, because about 95% of their country isn't even paved yet. :wink:

Tom Brown
    ... 95% of their country isn't evn paved yet. :wink:
    Our goal isn't to pave 100% of the country. We have too much water that we want to sell you guys.

FLYTE RISK
    hmm...it looks like Lake Pirate has been reincarnated. Another loser that seems to think that one's intelligence is determined solely by how articulate he/she is. My experience in life has been the opposite, usually the glib, have a ready answer for any question types usually have very shallow thought processes. And tend to go into fields such as politcs or the legal profession where lack of intelligence isn't a hinderance.
    Bush did look tired, but you do have to remember that he has been working doing his job in addition to campaigning. To the best of my knowledge Kerry has shown up for very few if any Senate hearings as of late.
    Bush has been working?? He has taken more time off than most!!!! Rex I know this is a political site but you should see all sides since you are the moderator..... And it seems like most here are from O.County.. That says it all.. KK was a little blunt but in my opinion to the point WAKE UP PEOPLE!! I mean I know Clinton was a hard act to follow ( intelectually, gift of gab, womanizing etc.) Yet Bush has demonstrated no leadership skills whatsoever, let alone verbal skills.. Sure does seem like alot of uninformed in here!!!! GO Kerry!!!! :idea:

Debbolas
    Our goal isn't to pave 100% of the country. We have too much water that we want to sell you guys.
    We will take it!
    Lets fill up Lake Powell and Lake Mead with Canadian Water!! :rollside:

eliminatedsprinter
    Great put me down for $100 worth and ship it to the Co River...

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast