Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avgas in Parker?

Does anybody know if avgas is available in Parker? Maybe the airport? I know they sell it at the pumps in Havasu, but not sure about the area around Big River.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dan

MudPumper
    Squirt, it is available in parker. Parker Oil, just over the bridge has it but in the past they have had problems with water in the fuel, just ask Big Proppa about that. There is also a place down the street from there, don't remember the name. The Shell on 95 by the upper damn has it and I believe you can get it from the airport also.

pebo
    The one up the street is called Super fuels. It's just south a couple of blocks from parker oil.

MudPumper
    Yep thats the one, Super Fuels. Thanks. Back to the water in the fuel deal. It has been said that all the AV gas comes from the same distributor to all the stations. So is the water problem coming from the source or from bad tanks at Parker Oil. I don't know. All I know is that Big Proppa, Hustler, and Myself all got water in our fuel at FC1 and we all used Parker Oil. I have not gone back to them for Fuel but maybe they have fixed the problem. Just something to think about. Make sure you are running a water/fuel seperator, it's cheap insurance.

Thanks guys. It's not for me, I'm a low octane kinda guy. I'll pass the info on to Jim Sampica.
    Appreciate the assist.
    I remember that water in the fuel thing from FCI, now that you mention it pumper. Jim if you're reading this you may want to throw some full fivers in the truck. It sucks trucking your own fuel half way across the state, but these guys had some major issues with the avgas last time (at least from Parker Oil). Let me know if you need some containers. I've got 6 fivers that I won't be needing that weekend.
    Dan

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Dan, DO NOT BUY AVGAS IN PARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me and tyro filled up there last year and I chased water in my oil all year long until i pulled the carbs. I was pumping that sh!t into my motor through the carbs! For now on i will fill up here and take spare with me. if there is a airport out there then fill up there because its reliable. They cannot have water in the fuel where planes fill up. They would be falling out of the sky!

bigriverdog
    I know it really depeneds on when you buy from who, but I have had good luck with AV gas from River Island. They have newer above ground storage which tends to vent more mosture off. I filled up 1 month ago and ran fine. They are located up the 95 just above Buckskin and across from Castle Shores. They have it at the pump around $2.59 gallon. Mc's Market Shell has it as well, but they don't appear to sell as much fuel. They are located across from Paradise Cafe before you get to Havasu Springs.

MAXIMUS
    I only buy from parker oil & have had nothing but great results from them! Of course I have a water seperator so maybe I didn't notice any moisture problems...

cyclone
    are there any tuning issues that need to be addressed when switching from gasoline to AV gas? at 2.59 a gallon, it's only .20 cents more expensive than buying 91 octane.

Mike
    If you want endless hours of reading, check out the link from a search for "avgas" in all forums. One thread in particular I found interesting. It's about half way down entitled "avgas info". You'll get many varied opinions. Some firsthand from aviation guys, some from boaters. You'll have to do some reading and draw your own conclusions.
    My take is, it'll run just fine (lotsa guys been running it for years without incident). May require some tuning, but some say no. Price per gallon is very good these days and $5.00 extra per fill is a bargain in my mind (although I still run pump gas).
    avgas search results (http://www.***boat.com/forums/search.php?searchid=81608)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast