Thread: My favorite place to launch...

MATTRSMAN
    I am fairly new to this forum, however I have been watching them on a regular basis for a while. My Havasu house is off of South McCulloch, I have a 36' Warlock Cat with Twin Blown 572's, for years I have launched at the Marina. One weekend the Marina would not let me launch because "The water level was low" so I went to Windor, which was full. I ended up driving down to Cattail Cove next to Sandpoint Marina. The fee is $100.00 for a full year, if I get there early there is never a problem parking and the people that work there are the best. I would not launch anywhere else. I have considered it my little gold mine, shhh just dont tell anybody.
    BTW Cattail is only 10 minutes from S.McCulloch, 65 the whole way.

franky
    So much for the "little gold mine". It will be tapped out soon. Was my favorite place also.

TRIMM MANN
    How do you get there

MATTRSMAN
    How do you get there
    Go down Hwy 95 toward Parker, as you come down a pretty big grade its on the Right (duh). Look out for it.

6 Dollar Boat
    Thanks for spillin' the beans. Anyone with a small boat or a pontoon wont want to launch there, they only have 3 lanes and its a looonnnggg ride up to the channel. The parking is also very limitted, I'd say they only have room for 20 or so trucks with trailers. So this wouldn't be a good place for 99% of the boaters at havasu.
    OK, now that I scared most of the newbies away, that place is awsome. I usually launch at Crazyhorse or Winsor,but on Labor Day weekend I didn't want to hassle with the crowds so I headed south to Cattail Cove. I was the only boat at the pay booth at 11 AM. I drove down to the ramp and there was one boat at the little courtesy dock. The park employee watching the ramp drove his golfcart ahead of my GF to show her the best place to park. I will keep using winsor as my first choice, but it's nice to know another good ramp is only 15 minutes away.

Catail Cove is closed for the next 2 yrs for improvments

That Guy
    Catail Cove is closed for the next 2 yrs for improvments
    Exactly