Thread: Where have our values gone?

wiggler
    This immigration issue is getting out of control...
    Theodore RooseveltÂ’s ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.
    “In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”
    -Theodore Roosevelt 1907

syke-o
    excellent quote..

GRUNION
    I am down with that.

Where have our values gone?... Right in the political toilet.
    It's all about votes and money now. What's right or lawful has little to do with anything.
    If I was an immigrant who waited years and years in line to come here legally through the legal immigration channels, learned the language and the history of the US, and our government considered handing out citizenship to border jumpers I'd be plenty pissed. Like Rio says, it may be revolution time.

wiggler
    Where have our values gone?... Right in the political toilet.
    It's all about votes and money now. What's right or lawful has little to do with anything.
    If I was an immigrant who waited years and years in line to come here legally through the legal immigration channels, learned the language and the history of the US, and our government considered handing out citizenship to border jumpers I'd be plenty pissed. Like Rio says, it may be revolution time.
    If a head of lettuce costs $2, you can be damn sure it will cost $12 very, very, soon.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Where have our values gone??? What do our values have to do with a bunch of illegal aliens looking for a free ride? Migrate to this country legally and there is no issue.

Tequila-John
    Where have our values gone??? What do our values have to do with a bunch of illegal aliens looking for a free ride? Migrate to this country legally and there is no issue.
    SUPER LINDA YOU GO GIRL!!! "I LIKE WHAT I SEE"

wiggler
    you know who makes out like a low life bandit on this whole issue, mexico's own president, vincente fox, he's not worried on how to employ or feed 11 million people, he'll just keep sending them up here you certainley don't see him telling his people to stop coming !!!
    The Governator appears to be lying low...now there is a classic immigration story.

wiggler
    I agree...100%.