Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat Rally at Plowman's Creek, Lake Whitney

cookieman
    WOW another great weekend at the river on Lake Whitney. It looked like it was going to be a wash out on Friday night with all the storms that passed thru. We went Sat. Afternoon to find the park full of boats. I think because it was a little cool and not much sunshine there was a lot of trailer racing going on. The afternoon turned out great and there were a lot of boats to hit the water. I think this is the first year that I have seen so many bigger fast boats show up and run. I guess because the water was up and there was plenty of room to run the big boats.There were a lot of new people this year which was great and I am glad I got to meet some of the people that I see post on this forum. The day seemed to go by fast with so many boats out running and having a great time. We came back on Sunday to find that the crowd had thin out a lot, but there was still a few diehards out running their boats. Now I finally got a group of jetboaters together to do a wall of water drive-by. I think we had 7 boats get together up the river and made a pass down into Plowman,s creek in full roost. I know that it must have been cool looking because all we could see was people clapping and thumbs-up to us as we made the pass. We then made a turn around and roosted back out of the creek. I think everyone was impressed and hopefully there will be some pics posted here soon. Thanks to all the guys that helped out with the wall of water roost. I did get to see a video the was taking and it did look cool. Maybe next year we can do the same thing . Anyways thanks again everyone and don't forget to pass the word around about how much fun this boat rally was. If you got some pics from this weekend postem'. my batteries were dead in my camera. TTUL Bill "cookieman"

rrrr
    Hey cookieman, the wall o'water was stinkin' cool, I'll post my pics tomorrow. Props to you jet guys for entertaining everyone this afternoon.
    We had a great time! Me and Fonda talked to a bunch of friendly folks, and the people that stayed at the Indian Lodge were fantastic. We stayed up late on Friday and Saturday nights making aluminum sculptures, really enjoyed the company.
    I hope next year we can get a special events permit and really have a blowout.
    Thanks to everyone that showed up, I had a fookin' great time.....

Infomaniac
    Anyone see OkieDave there?
    Red and White cheyenne with a Ford? Probably running pretty hard.
    Gotta love those Quartermasters. Awesome looking boats !!

ratso
    Not sure on the okiedave guy...Marty Logan and crew had the two quartermasters out there...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast