Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat Rally at Plowman's Creek, Lake Whitney

Shark In The Pond
    Anyone see OkieDave there?
    Red and White cheyenne with a Ford? Probably running pretty hard.
    Gotta love those Quartermasters. Awesome looking boats !!
    I think so if its the one you spoke of , I was told by a freind as he rolled in that he did the lay up and all on it ?

Shark In The Pond
    [QUOTE=rrrr]Hey cookieman, the wall o'water was stinkin' cool, I'll post my pics tomorrow. Props to you jet guys for entertaining everyone this afternoon.
    I was one of the boats in the wall of water and like cookieman said EVERYONE all the way down were waving and giving the thumbs up , I think it was a crowd pleaser . Also I got to meet alot of peeps from the boards here and was glad to meet all ,look forward to hooking up with you again !

sdba069
    Can't believe how much more I enjoyed this year's outing as compared to previous years. No pressure this go round. Unless things get stupid, I will be applying for a special events permit for next year's event. Hopefully that will take care of the issues with the Park Ranger's that we had this year. It was nice to see everyone. kinda weird that the turnout for Sunday was as light as it was. This was the peaceful event we've ever had also. We left about 1 a.m Sunday morning to head back up to my house and it was almost scary quiet, which was good I guess. On a sad note, Joe Don Lewis called about the time I got home this afternoon with the news that John Hipwell, driver of Madness, Top Fuel Hydro, was killed this afternoon in a crash in Merced, Ca. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

sdba069
    By the way, the roost wall was way cool, but I will have to teach you amateur squirters how to do the staggered deal. Nothing cooler than a half mile of rooster tail. It was nice to meet a bunch of you guys that we see on here. Today was my second anniversary of the last time I drove a drag boat and although I still attend lots of boat races as a crew chief, the only time I ever have any desire to step back into a hot rod boat is when Plowman's comes around. Hey Infomaniac, bet money, if there is another boat for me, it will be a Mirage with a blown alky injected BBC. Might just have to borrow the one that goes in my Beretta.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Anyone see OkieDave there?
    Red and White cheyenne with a Ford? Probably running pretty hard.
    Gotta love those Quartermasters. Awesome looking boats !!
    Okiedave was there Saturday and Sunday. he ran a little on Saturday but I think the water was a little choppy for his liking. I think he did run more on Sunday. He stayed at Indian Lodge right across the way from us. He came and ate monster hot dogs and hamburgers with us. I think I partialy pickled my liver. This event was like Tablerock roost times 10. for all those that missed it, make sure this is your last year to make excuses
    The folks at Indian Lodge were very nice and the place is clean and all around great to stay at. we will definitely be back next year. I am really sorry I didn't get to meet all of you, especially Mr.Snow. I think it is worth mentioning that on Friday evening when we got there we literaly dropped our bags and headed for the launch. Texasjet was the first in the water and Greaser and I soon followed. Texasjet's starter took a dump :burningm: so he rode with us and we headed to the park where someone was nice enough to give us Gary's phone number and let Jeff borrow a phone. Long story short Gary fixed Jeff's boat that evening and he was up and running HARD the next morning. I think that old baja surprised a few people. :lightsabe Definitley cool they were able to fix texasjet boat so fast and at that time of the evening. I know he was thrilled.
    We had a blast hanging out and partying with all the folks at Indian Lodge. rrrr and his wife fonda are a trip. As were oldbuck and carol. Oldbuck seemed to hang with the young bucks pretty good when it came to the drinking. Greaser's brother john could hold his own also. I did take the award for getting drunk and falling off the rock ledge backwards after carol warned me repeatedly to move away from the edge. no harm done, I landed on my head! :jawdrop: Seriously though it was great meeting so many peeps and having this much fun. I hope to see you all in a year. If any of you are ever around Houston be sure and drop me a pm and we will meet up.
    Omega
    -edit- I left my camera at home this trip :cry: but lets see some more pics.

TexasJet
    I HAD A GREAAAAAAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to thank Gary Snow again for helping me out with no advance notice. My starter bendix toreup Friday at 4:30 PM. Gary had a new starter in by 8:00 PM that same evening. That's service that can't be beat. :rollside:

oldbuck40
    i want to thank all of you that carol and i met,,this was our 1st rally and wont be our last,,,omega im sorry you had a crash off the rock ledge,im glad you came out ok on that deal! everyone was so nice to us and we realy enjoyed hangin out with each of you,,im looking forward to coming down to sommerville sometime and let ya'll show me the ropes down there,,,i'll get my pic's real soon and post for all to see! and Ron be sure and tell Fonda she is a trip i enjoyed yackin with her,,,you are all welcome at my fire anytime!

Brazos River Rat
    First time to Plowman. It was great !!!! :
    I was in a White with a Blue stripe 1973 Sanger Flat Bottom.
    I emailed some picture to Snow, maybe he will post for me.. I am new and do not know how to post pictures.
    Any way , had a great time and will be back next year..

Brazos River Rat
    Here are a few pictures.. I think I got them attached...

esabataj
    To everyone who attended The Gathering this weekend at Lake Whitney I wanted to say thank you for making it a great event!!!
    I have been around hot boats and cars approaching a half century now and I have never been to an event where so much serious hardware came together just for fun and love of the sport. A run what ya brung, serious partying, and great fellowship weekend with the kind of peeps who know what the true River Rat Life experience is supposed to be.
    For those of you who didn’t make it try to add it to your calendar for next year. It’s worth the trip no matter where you’re hauling from. From the top of the line Havasu style cats to an RC controlled model hydro with a mad Weed Eater motor, everything was well represented.”V” drives, Out drives, Weed whackers, Flatties, Hydros, Tunnel, Jets, Gasoline, Alcohol, Nitro- Just name your passion and all were represented well.
    On a personal level, I wanted to thank everyone one who came by RRL.com party central at my motor home during the weekend. I hope everyone had a good time and look forward to seeing again you soon.
    Scott- You and your family are the best. Glad to see you finally got that vintage trailer queen Avenger wet on Sunday!! Glad you were able to get in on the Roost parade on Sunday. You may not have been the fastest out there but ya Roost with the best of them.
    Cookieman and your lovely wife- We really enjoyed finally spending some time with you guys. Debra told me I was crazy last night when I got home after midnight and wouldn’t come to bed till after I watched the roost parade video on the bigscreen TV. The footage is awesome and I’ll start copying tonight. Don’t forget to Pm me your address. Thanks for the great idea and I think it was one of the highlights of the Weekend.
    Ratso- Even though we didn’t get to spend much time with you and your crew, we enjoyed meeting you. Your mom and dad are great and looking forward to the next time.
    Texas Jet.- Thanks for stopping by and I promise that next time I’ll have that frozen margarita ready for ya (with salt on the rim) even if it is early Sunday morning. I’m glad I knew enough about that sleeper you cruise around in that I didn’t get embarrassed by letting ya spank my jet with that bad boy.
    The Snowman-
    There is not much I can say except that I finally met someone that lived up to all the positive things that have been said about you. Truly you are an honest, caring, talented individual that does what you do purely for the love of the sport and the participants in it. Thanks for taking the time for helping and “B” S” ing with the little guys! For someone who said they had “NOTHING” to do with this year’s event, I can’t wait till next year with you organizing and promoting it. Great job for not having anything to do with it!!
    Lets see-------------- Who did I forget
    Kevin -------------------- AKA Shark In The Pond.---------------------------------
    Last but not least. Buddy your reputation proceeded you and did you ever live up to it!!!
    If you’ve never met this redneck tree planter from Lubbock, TX take the time to say hi next time he’s around. All I can say is that you are truly the kind of friend a friend would love to have. Thanks for the great times, the bullshit, the company, and all the help all weekend. Debra and I had a great time getting to know you but tell me something? When the hell do you sleep??????? My house is your house and we can’t wait to do it again.
    To all the peeps out there. When you see my avatar flying, my old slow boat, and the RRL flag flying (next year? Right RD?????) Stop by for some good food, a little booze, and some good River Rat Life, Texas Style good times. My blender always running and the beers ice cold.
    Richard

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast