Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Force 29/32 and Ultra 29 Shadow

NorCalCat
    There is no way that an equally equipped DCB is $40-$50k more than a Force! I would say that if you worked on both of them, you could probably get within $10k or less. I would definitely pay $10k more for a DCB than a Force. Much better investment. DCB's hold their value much better in Force so in the long run, you are going to be coming out ahead with the DCB.
    I am not badmouthing Force what so ever. I think they do build a nice product, but like I said, if I was having someone build me a boat on the west coast, there is only one place that I would shop.
    When I priced it out one year ago, for the same money here is the DCB I coupld have got. (including the "Winter Special Sale")
    DCB: Mach 26, no stereo, double axel trailer, hp500, bravo 1,
    Force 29, upper end stereo, tripple axle trailer including led lights and tool box on front and spair tire, XR drive, 540 motor putting out 700 hp, depth gauge, built in coolers, halon, external ram stearing (hydrolic), scoop, tripple batteries with switch, Lavosi throttle, all monster gaffrig gauges, etc. And it planes faster than the DCB.
    I am not bashing DCB, they make a hell of a boat, however, we are talking best bang for your $$$$$.
    You add all that up and the DCB price tag will climb VERY fast.

NorCalCat
    Nothing against Force, but show me the $40-$50K on similarly rigged boats? Same options, Same Motors? In fact, go get and list on the boards here a quote on a Force 26 pretty well rigged, small stereo, basic Extreme trailer, and with 2 300x's or an HP525? Then I will get a quote from DCB on a Mach 26 similarly equipped. I can pretty much guaranty there won't be $40-$50 difference in pricing...no where near that.
    When I priced boats, the difference you guys speak of was not there, so obviously you did not get your pricing from Dave and compare apples to apples.
    I did talk to Dave. He was going to give me the "Winter Special"

Jrocket
    We do a lot of work for force and I am very impressed with their boats. For the money you can not beat what you get and their rigging is top notch. The Ultra is also a nice boat but if I was spending the money Force would be the way to go.
    Did you do the stereo in Johns all white 29?

mbrown2
    When I priced it out one year ago, for the same money here is the DCB I coupld have got. (including the "Winter Special Sale")
    DCB: Mach 26, no stereo, double axel trailer, hp500, bravo 1,
    Force 29, upper end stereo, tripple axle trailer including led lights and tool box on front and spair tire, XR drive, 540 motor putting out 700 hp, depth gauge, built in coolers, halon, external ram stearing (hydrolic), scoop, tripple batteries with switch, Lavosi throttle, all monster gaffrig gauges, etc. And it planes faster than the DCB.
    I am not bashing DCB, they make a hell of a boat, however, we are talking best bang for your $$$$$.
    You add all that up and the DCB price tag will climb VERY fast.
    I say go get a quote with the same engine package and list it here? and I will do the same....there is no way there is a diff of 40-50K...
    Also, Force's home built 700Hp motor is not a true comparison...go price with a Blue motor since they a lot more expensive, maybe not better but more expensive...go get a quote with a 525 and lets compare them....Even if you want to give an approximation within 5-10K...I know the diff is not that big.

NorCalCat
    I say go get a quote with the same engine package and list it here? and I will do the same....there is no way there is a diff of 40-50K...
    Also, Force's home built 700Hp motor is not a true comparison...go price with a Blue motor since they a lot more expensive, maybe not better but more expensive...go get a quote with a 525 and lets compare them....Even if you want to give an approximation within 5-10K...I know the diff is not that big.
    I'm in a cult, I'm in a cult, high hoe the dario...I'm in a cult. :argue:
    Just kidding, but really DCB has a serious following. All I am saying is I did exactly that last year and I bought a Force and I am happy with it. Maybe Dave high balled me then. I also didthe same with Eliminator, and that is another story.
    All that matters is you are happy with your DCB and that is what it is all about.

mbrown2
    I'm in a cult, I'm in a cult, high hoe the dario...I'm in a cult. :argue:
    Just kidding, but really DCB has a serious following. All I am saying is I did exactly that last year and I bought a Force and I am happy with it. Maybe Dave high balled me then. I also didthe same with Eliminator, and that is another story.
    All that matters is you are happy with your DCB and that is what it is all about.
    Dude, I am the farthest person away from a cult but it sounds like all you are doing is talking, I am just saying put your money where your mouth is....you say you did it last year and you are quoting 40-50K and I am saying lets put it here is writing...Heck DCB lurks, so they can correct me if I am wrong....
    I am glad you are happy with your boat, and I do like Force. I am happy with mine as well. Just think the numbers of 40-50K are complete BS. Same 26, Same Blue Motor, Extreme Trailer....lets see Forces and DCB's price and compare?

NorCalCat
    Dude, I am the farthest person away from a cult but it sounds like all you are doing is talking, I am just saying put your money where your mouth is....you say you did it last year and you are quoting 40-50K and I am saying lets put it here is writing...Heck DCB lurks, so they can correct me if I am wrong....
    I am glad you are happy with your boat, and I do like Force. I am happy with mine as well. Just think the numbers of 40-50K are complete BS. Same 26, Same Blue Motor, Extreme Trailer....lets see Forces and DCB's price and compare?
    I am just razz'n ya...But it was a significant $$$ difference. Sterio about $4k, XR about $2k, stearing about $2k, tripple axel, tool box, led lights, spair tire about $2k, motor package blu or not big $$$, etc. Right there it you are at $10k, and we all know Dave charges more for his boats so, maybe $20-30k is more accurate.

NorCalCat
    Hey Norcal, this pic was a nice selling point!!
    Hey, Our spring break mens trip is OOONNN, March 25th! You Game? :devil:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../40homePic.jpg
    Sandbar, I may be in for March 25. I am going to Jamaca and trying to fit in the Havasu trip, so I'll keep you posted. But I do have to pick the bopat up sometime around March1.

mbrown2
    I am just razz'n ya...But it was a significant $$$ difference. Sterio about $4k, XR about $2k, stearing about $2k, tripple axel, tool box, led lights, spair tire about $2k, motor package blu or not big $$$, etc. Right there it you are at $10k, and we all know Dave charges more for his boats so, maybe $20-30k is more accurate.
    No offense taken :wink: ....I just know what numbers I have been quoted for an 04 F26 with Blown Teague Warranty'd power with all of the above except the triple trailer with box and it was an excellent deal in 105-113K range...I would like to see Force's price for the same package Teague 740 in their Canopied 26 and let's see if it is even 20K diff? I doubt it will be; it might be higher...
    Pricing depends on a lot of factors, most of all negotiation, options, timing for the builder, what they have in stock power wise, drive wise, but also if you show the comittment versus kicking the tires :wink:
    Dave...don't kill me on the quotes...but this 30-50K diff stuff is BS and everyone else on here needs to be educated...you might pay a little more, but you get what you pay for...

Reaper1
    Yeah, but is that the price from Dave or the I'm a friend of Charley's price?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast