Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bush was denied wiretaps, bypassed them

Seadog
    The constitution was written in the days when communication took months and the population density was much less than today. New York City of then would be considered a small town by today standards. Because of that, it was a lot harder to keep secrets and a great deal harder to get a terrorist plot together rapidly. Al Queada does not have a lot of red tape, and it is stupid for the lawyers/politicians to insist that we waste all our resources on red tape while our enemies plot. There is a fine line to be walked, but as long as Congress insist that they run the presidency, we are going to see more end runs like this. The problem with Congress is that when the President gets slapped down by the courts, it is his head. When the Congress gets slapped down, it is always the 'other guys' It is the TK defense. "I wasn't there, I know nothing about it, and you can't prove anything since I took care of the evidence.'

QuickJet
    Your rights mean nothing when you're dead. I say they use EVERY way possable to catch would be terrorist plotting against the U.S. Only those with something to hide will bitch about it. I also say close the boarders tighter than a frogs ass.
    And let's not just rely on the government to protect us. Every man should own a gun and not be affraid to use it.
    Speaking of rights, The idiots of San Francisco willingly gave up there 4th ammendment right to bear arms. No longer will fire arms be allowed in the city for use or for sale. Funny how the left liberal nuts complain about phone taps taking away their rights yet they give up one of their most important ones.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Any one going to start a betting pool on when San Fran revokes their decision?? Now, the only armed folks are cops, muggers, rapists, gangbangers, and other potential killers, AND THEY ALL KNOW IT. I'll take 1Dec 2009.

SmokinLowriderSS
    If a few state governors had enough sacks, there are far more than enough US Army National Guard and US Air National Guard Security Forces troops (90% have never been activated still for this war) to close that border so tight desert lizzard couldn't slide in without documentation, 365 days a year. Oh well.
    I would have though the various Minuiteman groups would have had more of a push effect on the govts. They sure have a closing effect on any border area they surveil.

Arizona Hot Boater
    Holy shit, Freak just TKOed Steve 1.

Steve 1
    Holy shit I am a Idiot
    Drop dead brainless

Seadog
    I doubt that SF ever wises up. Great Britain did it years ago and it has obviously failed. Yet, the police and politician attitude is to add new and stiffer restriction. A long time ago, they even destroyed valuable knifes and other antique weapons that were legitimately in the hands of private collectors.

Arizona Hot Boater
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
    Freak drops Steve 1 to the canvas.

Steve 1
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
    I have no measurable IQ
    No Free eek like to copy and paste away from the issue bunghole!!

Arizona Hot Boater
    No Free eek like to copy and paste away from the issue bunghole!!
    That's all you do asshole. You gripe like a little bitch.
    Get off your computer and go fix some of the problems
    you gripe about.
    You are just a worthless blow hard pile of crap.
    Now go play with your keyboard and see if you can find someone to impress.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast