Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Impeller question?

HBjet
    Chet, your not causing a stir, your comments bacially are great for cocktail party conversation openers. I don't need to pick apart Aggressors statments, if they see something I said to be false, as a company, I would think they would step up to the plate and clear any statments that I have made. I'm standing by what I have said. Matter a fact, I took a good look at an Aggressor, Legend, and Berk aluminum impellers yesterday with RacingRascal. Let me tell you, that Aggressor impeller needs to be cleaned up before I would ever put it in any pump. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but I can clearly see the differences from the Legend to an Aggressor. As for the Berk, I won't go there. Chet, call Don's Pump, ask them why they won't use Aggressor. I know you like them and there work. Chet, if you have the oppertunity, look at a Legend and Aggressor impeller side by side, then tell me what you see.
    Yes, I do have pics of Chets boat, I'll be posting them tonight.
    HBjet

LVjetboy
    Ok, just a little side bar for a breather from the metal wars:
    Vein = blood flow to the head
    Vain = Chet (sorry couldn't resist)
    Vane = Stationary airfoil, as in 9 vane bowl.
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    Cheers!
    jer

RR1/ 001
    Originally posted by LS55:
    I haven't been around lately, he get his deal going 100? Or did he go broke by going to the nickle, dime pump builder ever other day?
    Seriously is the dude still alive?
    http://i2ff.com/nascar/rank.php?id=986360
    [This message has been edited by LS55 (edited December 07, 2001).]
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    LS55 YES I`m still alive, and "NO" I haven`t gone broke by going to the nickle, dime pump builder ever other day? Now that`s LOW!!!!real F/K LOW!
    As far as fast1 goes, I can`t help you out. I have never had a berkely on the hydro so it wasn`t me or any of my help that posted what ever was posted.Sorry! I have only had (2) pumps on the hydro, the first was a Dom and Now we have the Aggressor. That`s it, no Berkely at all, no Berkely parts or pump sorry.I not bashing berkeley, it`s just I have never had one on this boat. As far as the same motor goes, I don`t even have the same motor in the boat that I had (when I had the Dom pump),and the Set Up is ...well... not even close to what I had when I ran the Dom.
    I`v had some e mails from posters asking why they dont here from us anymore.
    I don`t post on here because what ever you say, there`s always someone out there trying to turn it around.I have told my help to stay off this site and as far as I know they have? I had fun when we useto post on here but the fun got out of hand with people taking things way to far. We do have to remember this is the internet and all, things arnt always what they seem to be.
    I read most of the boating forums (hot boat, Dragboat and so on) every day and I have learned a thing or 2 from them.
    Now back to the pump thing. I LOVE MY NEW AGGRESSOR. you couldnt give me another pump!! In some of your eyes I have 2 strikes 1 being my pump and 1 being my hydro, but I think you have to have 3 before your out. Hey it`s my dream & my money!
    Please dont screw up this topic! if you think you need to bash me or my boat,pump take it to LS55`s topic!

AGGRESSOR JETS
    Steve Thanks-We do have cupro nickle C96400 which we pour for several of our pump customers.
    I think its been 2-3 years since we poured 3 test units. One went on a 1500 +HP Race Boat which runs consistent 134-139 MPH & 7.40 ETs.
    The blade ripped after 2 or 3 runs.-We have now added a new argon purge program and found this to raise the standard much higher in our Mag.Bronze and Tenzaloy.
    These combined with new filter system and gates have improved the product so much
    (gas out being a big problem).
    # 2 If you look at our Impeller Design we have found performance in design to be a burden to the foundry side. Small radius 90 degree corners and others make for a tough pour condition.The design is right- so we went with putting the burden on the foundry.
    We have poured both C86300 & C86200, The 300 tends to be to brittle. 200 degassed in pellet form VS block has shown to be a improvment with mods.
    Currently I can name Ten 130 to 140 MPH rigs running this Impeller 2 and 3 years, Memory seems good-Welds Good and carries one heck of a Tensile Load @ the Hole Shot with low 7.2-.3-.4s for E.T.-I think this Impeller is being overworked & overstressed-This class ran 125-130MPH when we started.
    17-4H was put together by us when a Top Fueler David Kirkland came to us and stated he was folding the vane over on its self @ 150MPH. (The S/S was not ours)We then made David a 17-4 Impeller in a 9.125 Diameter and he ran speeds in the High 170s.
    With what is happening in Jet Boat Drag Racing today, Alloys are the only way we will stay up with them. I think we will see 160s and 6.9s this comming year "maybe even in Blown Gas".
    I checked with Dan Nelson this year who has the Stainless 17-4 Impeller we made for Rand Hugo (Shockwave)some 4 years ago and it required hard welding last year and today he runs it in his 120MPH Lake Boat.
    If you still feel strong on the C96400 -game to retry. Thanks Dave -Call me
    \ Originally posted by Jetmugg:
    Oops - I just saw your phone# above, I'll give a call tomorrow.
    SteveM

Infomaniac
    bump for first page of archive

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314