Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you Winterize your Boat?

mickeyfinn
    Just put the I/O, V-drive and the pop-up down for winter. Drained the Heat exchanger and lower unit in the I/O, made sure anti-freeze was good in radiator. The V-drive got a trash can mixed with anti freeze in it and ran until it came out the exhaust. Pop-up gets plumbing drained and filled with potable system antifreeze. Then everything gets cleaned, covered and sit until next year. How do you winterize your v-drive. Anyone else do it with a bucket and anti-freeze?

H20 Toie
    I just put it in the garage and put the cover on

Thunderbutt
    Yes run the motor until the pink shit comes out of the exhaust. Drain the line to the headers. Blow out the water in the line to the trany and v-drive cooler. Drain the bowls of the the carb's. Put in some stableizer in the gas tanks. And pray you did it right and for spring

Jbb
    Just finished the Baja ....Fogged the engine ...drained the block, oil cooler,headers,seawater and circulating pump..a squirt of oil in each plug hole ...a mist of fogging oil all over the engine and drive....some fuel stabilizer...Then back to the lake storage shed....The jet,however stays ready to go in the shop....just in case a warm enough day slips in..

CARRERA
    Not needed in California....................

mickeyfinn
    Not needed in California....................
    Somehow I knew someone was going to say that. Was feeling good since got a lot accomplished this weekend and then you go and blow it for me.

slowinhavasu
    Put her on the side of the house, unhook her from the truck....DONE..

jbtrailerjim
    Winterize??? I plan on useing mine over the winter.
    Jim<---Couldn't resist and had to rub it in.

riverbound
    I make sure mine is in the garage just in case we get one of those huge california storms, you know the kind the wind gets really fierce and blows over lawn chairs and stuff. We also get a ton of rain, sometimes 2 inches in 24 hours. I think thats all that needs to be done. By the way, when is winter? I remember boating in december last year.

RiverToysJas
    I'll be taking the batteries home with me after the next trip.
    Other than that, I'll be installing more stereo stuff, does that count??? :idea:
    RTJas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast