Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need clarification

Havasu_Dreamin
    Yeah thats wierd. Have no problem paying the Tax on the purchase but want to avoid getting messed with in the future with taxes or tickets. Like I said before we have the second home in AZ and the boat and trailer will be used in AZ 100% of the time
    That's what we do/have done, and have never had a problem. Even if you were to get hit with the tax some people ahve said when they produce service and storage receipts that they have been able to avoid the tax.

Tequila-John
    That's what we do/have done, and have never had a problem. Even if you were to get hit with the tax some people ahve said when they produce service and storage receipts that they have been able to avoid the tax.
    So Havasu Dreamin. Your saying reg both in AZ?

Mr.Havasu
    We did the same thing when we were part time residents here.
    Register the boat in AZ as a non resident (Tag will run about 100 a year)
    Register the trailer in CA( Get a permenent tag for the trailer-not too expensive and you don't have to renew)
    This is completely legal and you will avoid the luxury property tax on the boat.

So Havasu Dreamin. Your saying reg both in AZ?
    I think he is saying to reg boat in AZ and trailer in CA... end of story.

MagicMtnDan
    It's simple really. Just register your boat and trailer (and your truck too) in AZ. When you're pulled over in CA just whip out your AZ drivers license (you do have one for each state right?).
    Otherwise, register your truck and trailer in CA and the boat in AZ. You do not want to register your boat in CA if you can help it. They will tax you every year and even after you've sold your boat. The people working in the tax assessors office are friggin' sharks! :skull:

Havasu_Dreamin
    I think he is saying to reg boat in AZ and trailer in CA... end of story.
    That's what I'm saying.

CJ
    What if my trailer is reg'd in AZ and I have only a AZ ID showing my residence?
    Why can they ticket you for being licensed in CA pulling an AZ trailer? Am I missing something. Please parden my ignorance.

Havasu_Dreamin
    What if my trailer is reg'd in AZ and I have only a AZ ID showing my residence?
    Why can they ticket you for being licensed in CA pulling an AZ trailer? Am I missing something. Please parden my ignorance.
    Boatcop can answer this better than I can attempt to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12