Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Pacific Run

Three Days Only
    I CAN TELL YA NO!!!! ON 10/30 THEY BE AT MY PAD....GETTIN HAMMERED...ME AND PLYA ARE TRYIN FOR NOVEMBER WITH SYA TO GET OUT ON A RUN!!!
    Im pushing towards the weekend of 11/13 after talking to the rev-limiter (wife) last night. 10/30 is out for me!!!!
    So............it looks like we got to split this into two seperate trips!!
    Frenchie, are you good for the weekend of 11/13, I know that SYA, BF, & Bling are good that weekend!!!
    3DO

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    Im pushing towards the weekend of 11/13 after talking to the rev-limiter (wife) last night. 10/30 is out for me!!!!
    So............it looks like we got to split this into two seperate trips!!
    Frenchie, are you good for the weekend of 11/13, I know that SYA, BF, & Bling are good that weekend!!!
    3DO
    The 13 is good for me, Havasu Luvr has a tread on the Sandbar for the same day

Havasu Luvr
    13th works for me.....I did not see this thread earlier so I will delete my thread in Sandbar

NOTALENT
    I should be able to make that...I have never done the catalina run before..I just hope the boat makes it..I have been wanting to do this for a long time...Now my motor is finished and I will be breaking it in at the zoo this weekend...

SHOCKWAVETOM
    I am really considering taking my boat out there with you guys. I am just worried about coming back in the afternoon. I feel like a pussy but have never made that run before. Let me put it this way.....I had no problem coming over that basin this weekend. How comparable is the ocean in the afternoon to what we ran thru at the ATDR?
    My other concern is pretty obvious. I would not want to be left behind. I am sure HL and us could run close together though. I see 3DO, BB and SYA running away from us. By the way....I don't blame them. You got the power you want to use it

Quality Time
    There's a SCOPE lunch run on the 30th. to Long Beach for those inclined to wait for a November Catalina run. I'm up for both.
    Regarding Newport, I didn't know that there was a noise issue in the Harbor. I've seen some serious hardware idle through with no problems?

Havasu Luvr
    I am really considering taking my boat out there with you guys. I am just worried about coming back in the afternoon. I feel like a pussy but have never made that run before. Let me put it this way.....I had no problem coming over that basin this weekend. How comparable is the ocean in the afternoon to what we ran thru at the ATDR?
    My other concern is pretty obvious. I would not want to be left behind. I am sure HL and us could run close together though. I see 3DO, BB and SYA running away from us. By the way....I don't blame them. You got the power you want to use it
    Hey Tom, Last winter we did adozen trips and only my last trip was a "White Knuckle" trip. A few trips were alittle worse then ATDR and the rest were "GLASS"..... but there is a BIG difference. Big Blue is a rolling chop especially in the afternoon we will hopwfully be running with the swells, you will have NO problems in your SW BUT you never know. If you are still alittle leary then you and Brenda? are welcome to board my boat, beside I can use a "Old Ugly Boat Bi*tch" like you and another "Eye Candy" like Brenda

SHOCKWAVETOM
    Hey Tom, Last winter we did adozen trips and only my last trip was a "White Knuckle" trip. A few trips were alittle worse then ATDR and the rest were "GLASS"..... but there is a BIG difference. Big Blue is a rolling chop especially in the afternoon we will hopwfully be running with the swells, you will have NO problems in your SW BUT you never know. If you are still alittle leary then you and Brenda? are welcome to board my boat, beside I can use a "Old Ugly Boat Bi*tch" like you and another "Eye Candy" like Brenda
    LOL....Sounds good. If I take the boat I am going to have my own "Old Ugly Boat Bitch" (Nodigg) and some "Eye Candy" Linda his wife. If I can make it and go with you guys it will be me and Brenda. She just doesn't know it yet
    Thanks

Three Days Only
    Shockwave Tom...........................
    The water is usually very nice in the morning, and starts getting torn up around 2:00. Going out of Long Beach or Newport is good as your not running into the mix head on like you would leaving out of Del Rey or Redondo. Tom your boat will be fine out there, you just might need to keep the speed down on the way back if the water picks ups. November is generally really good as far as the water goes. Compared to ATDR the wind waves are alot more spread out then what you encounter on a lake due to the swell, if there is a swell. I have had many days out in the ocean most the time its a 1'-2' swell with 1'-2' wind waves in the afternoon. I have also been out there when it is like glass, it all depends on the wind and weather.
    I will most likely cruise there and back at around 55 - 75 since im tired of fixing my drives after beating them up out there on a monthly basis. If you have second thoughts about bringing your boat, your more then welcome to ride with me, just give me a heads up so I dont pack the boat.
    Once you go out there you will most likely get hooked, its completely differn't then lake boating, you spend alot more time driving your boat. On the lakes you generally just sit there with the throttles down and go. Out in the ocean your going to need to throttle and drive constantly, its way more fun.
    Jeff

SHOCKWAVETOM
    Thanks Jeff....Havasu Luvr was kind enough to already extend an invite. Maybe I can take you up on that another time before you sell that bad ass boat
    I am pretty sure I want to do this with my boat and see what it can handle. My question(s) I need help on would be what I need that I don't require on the lakes....I saw a 200' rope...what about my box anchor? WIll it be OK? Should you put some chain on it? Isn't there different requirements for a boat out in the ocean as far as flares and stuff like that? What prep work before and after launching as far as getting the salt off? My trailer is not galvanized. Anybody prefer to use those slings? I don't have radios or GPS...do I need anything like that? Basically, anything you guys can give me as far as information would be greatly appreciated. If I like it I plan a lot more trips to Catalina...especially when/if I move up to that 29. Remember, I have never taken a boat into the ocean myself so just treat me like a dumb mofo
    Tom

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast