Thread: What do you think about the Conquest deckboat?

bunny 166
    Hubby and I are looking at a used one--so far heard nothing but good things. It's a 1996 with a 525sc motor. Any comments?

XtrmWakeborder
    I dont think anyone has anything bad to say about them, at least i've never heard anything bad.Their boats seem top notch along with their service. There are quite a few owners on the boards i'm sure theyll post up.

FastTimmy
    A big plus is that Keith Sayre from conquest boats is on the boards here and to me that means two things. They relies the importance of customer service and they relies the power that the consumer has now in this market. I mean that in a good way. If they knew they made crap like many others they would not be on here. I like what I hear about the conquest or Group 1 but I personally like the magic deck more. ItÂ’s to bad they take such bad care of many of there customers. Magic I mean.
    My .02
    Timmy

OutCole'd
    I agree, I have never heard anything bad about either Keith or Conquest. I think they make a great boat. And the 525 is a great way to go. That is what I have in my Magic. Very similar hull also.

BADBLOWN572
    From what I have seen, they are a very stable boat with a lot of user friendly components. I too have never heard of anyone having a problem that was not immediately resolved through Keith. If I was in the market for a deckboat, Conquest would be one of the builders that would be at the top of my list. Nice products with excellent customer service. Good Luck.

Reaper1
    I agree, I have never heard anything bad about either Keith or Conquest. I think they make a great boat. And the 525 is a great way to go. That is what I have in my Magic. Very similar hull also.
    Hey OutCole'd. I believe she is talking about the 525sc which is a different motor than yours. It's an older super-charged motor they don't make anymore which has about 490 horse. :wink:

OutCole'd
    Hey OutCole'd. I believe she is talking about the 525sc which is a different motor than yours. It's an older super-charged motor they don't make anymore which has about 490 horse. :wink:
    There you go reading the fine print.
    Besides. I knew that....

Reaper1

bunny 166
    Thanks to all! We've only heard good things, also.
    We know the owners that are selling, too, so we're not worried about the boats history...(know it's been maintained, not sunk or crashed, etc.) :boxed: We will have to re-do the gelcoat, though as it is pure 1996--purple and teal. I don't think I can cruise around in the Crockett and Tubbs Miami Vice machine! That means interoir, too! We could never afford a new one, though. Has anyone ever been in one in some good Havasu chop? If so, can you let us know how it rides? We've got a couple of kids and dogs--hope they'll handle it ok. Thanx again--Bunny :wink:

OutCole'd
    Thanks to all! We've only heard good things, also.
    We know the owners that are selling, too, so we're not worried about the boats history...(know it's been maintained, not sunk or crashed, etc.) :boxed: We will have to re-do the gelcoat, though as it is pure 1996--purple and teal. I don't think I can cruise around in the Crockett and Tubbs Miami Vice machine! That means interoir, too! We could never afford a new one, though. Has anyone ever been in one in some good Havasu chop? If so, can you let us know how it rides? We've got a couple of kids and dogs--hope they'll handle it ok. Thanx again--Bunny :wink:
    Ther was a horrible storm in Havasu back in May that sunk a few boats. 4'+ chop. I was out there in my Magic (which is the same bottom) and the boat did fine. Sure I felt it, but I could cruise on the top of the waves and the hull worked great. You will have nothing to worry about.