Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glamis??

SoCalHD
    Anyone else here thinking about hitting up some sand this weekend?? Just wondering-my neighbor and I are thinking about it since our wives have plans on Saturday. :idea:

BADBLOWN572
    Heading on out to Glamis on Halloween. Got plans for this weekend.

jeepinscott
    Not this weekend, but next I am going to desert hot springs. Jeepin and ridin my bike. Where in Yucaipa are you?

victorfb
    i wait a couple weeks before going out to glamis after a rain. the wet sand is the number one killer of transmissions on sand cars. though the tranny guys love it when it rains. :eat: if you plan to run a sand car in the wet sand, do yourself a favor and run ALOT of air in the paddles. this will allow the tires to spin a little better and not hook up so hard, putting the extreme loads on the tranny. be carefull. the sand may look dry on the surface, but as soon as you start digging in youll see the wet stuff. great for bikes without paddles, but way too much hookup with paddles. this goes for all tranny's aswell. not just the sand cars. we will be out there in a couple weeks.

Ziggy
    i wait a couple weeks before going out to glamis after a rain. the wet sand is the number one killer of transmissions on sand cars. though the tranny guys love it when it rains. :eat: if you plan to run a sand car in the wet sand, do yourself a favor and run ALOT of air in the paddles. this will allow the tires to spin a little better and not hook up so hard, putting the extreme loads on the tranny. be carefull. the sand may look dry on the surface, but as soon as you start digging in youll see the wet stuff. great for bikes without paddles, but way too much hookup with paddles. this goes for all tranny's aswell. not just the sand cars. we will be out there in a couple weeks.
    I like doing wheelies all over the place stretches the shit out of my chain though.

SoCalHD
    Not this weekend, but next I am going to desert hot springs. Jeepin and ridin my bike. Where in Yucaipa are you?
    I'm off County Line Road.

Extreme Liquid
    Ocotillo Wells this weekend

PEGDUB
    Ill be in Glamis over Halloween, hope to meet some of you nice cheerfull folks :boxed:

jeepinscott
    I'm between Second and California, San Carlos, one block off County line.
    I love the wet dunes. My slow ass jeep hooks up! A big ol ford truck tranny is hard to break!

SoCalHD
    I'm on Ave H just off of 5th. I'm often out front having a cold one with my neighbor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast