Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sundancer K boat?

CircleJerk
    That's the brand of our most recent find. Complete with wing, HD hardware, balsa floor, long deck, and a 72 INCH transom! Supposedly it was last raced by a Sonny Leonard with a blown chevy. Anyone ever hear of a Sundancer? Surely with its wide stance, it must have been stable in the turns! The owner thought it was called a 19' Tunnel Dragster model. ??The company made boats out of San Antonio Texas. :rollside:

mrgoslow
    without a pic its hard to tell but i know that sundancer made a copy of the SW tunnel draster and a copy of the 19 gullwing by youngblood. seen them both in person. i dont know the tunnel dragster ran but the gullwing was quick, fast and stable. no floor, no carpet.

Sangster
    CJ.... I'm sure Billy B. will take you to school on your new ride.. That guys a wealth of Knowledge on those deals.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Jake W2
    So Sundancer made V drives out of jetboat hulls?
    Jake

BILLY.B
    That's the brand of our most recent find. Complete with wing, HD hardware, balsa floor, long deck, and a 72 INCH transom! Supposedly it was last raced by a Sonny Leonard with a blown chevy. Anyone ever hear of a Sundancer? Surely with its wide stance, it must have been stable in the turns! The owner thought it was called a 19' Tunnel Dragster model. ??The company made boats out of San Antonio Texas. :rollside: Hey Boyd if you can believe it Julian called me yesterday just to see what was going on so I asked him if he had ever heard of a Sundancer hull. He said he had but didn't remember Sonny Leonard. I asked him if they ran very well and his reply was the usual, "NOT WELL ENOUGH"!!!!. But he said they ran well enough to stay ahead of a "L" boat :hammer2: J/K

CircleJerk
    Thanks, I think.......I'm not talking about L s anymore! :frown: that 34Beisemeyer (HIKE) guy passed me up in qualifying. I suck. :cry: Wish I could go to Parker to see some real fast drivers and Nostalgia boats! :frown:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Thanks, I think.......I'm not talking about L s anymore! :frown: that 34Beisemeyer (HIKE) guy passed me up in qualifying. I suck. :cry: Wish I could go to Parker to see some real fast drivers and Nostalgia boats! :frown:
    Most of the SS series guys (probably the fastest) won't be making Parker this year. The prostock GN and cracker class's will probably show up so if you can make it you'll have something cool to watch.
    The big show this year will be the Phoenix IHBA dragboat finals. Top Dragboats, K's :2purples: and Superstock series final. This is the weekend before Parker so start making plans!
    Jerry

Jake W2
    My question was for real or were these Jet K boats? Is there such a thing?
    Jake

CircleJerk
    So Sundancer made V drives out of jetboat hulls?
    Jake
    Jake, according to the owner, they also made an 18' flat 7/8 runner with a real flat deck, and I assume it was v-drive only. dont know for sure.

CircleJerk
    Thanks Jerr, you are the nicest guy around and so supportive to our bunch of back yard racers that I cant thank you enough! Now, lose the bike scene........OK?! Hey is Tony going to recruit you guys to help at Firebird???? Heck I will go there to see that! I can drive a launch vehicle! But that's about all............ :cry:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast