Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 70's era Miller boats

'75 Miller
    Anyone have any knowledge about these boats? Specifically, what kind of speeds can a well setup 19 footer handle? I've noticed several guys in this forum have 70's Millers. Any of you guys running speeds in the 80's? 90's?

n8dawg
    I have heard that the hull will handle 90. Look up JohnMiller on the forums. He can tell you anything you want to know about the 70's era Millers. Also might want to check out www.millercustomboats.com
    What kind of motor and pump set up are you running?
    Nate

'75 Miller
    Yeah, I've been to that site. Miller apparently started building boats in my hometown of Culver City.
    My boat came with the Olds/Jacuzzi wj. The Olds is gone & I've had a 509" BBC built. Goin' to the dyno on the 20th.

n8dawg
    www.johnmillerfiberglass.com
    Look him up and shoot him a pm. He told me that my bare hull would probably weigh around 600lbs. He has alot of info for older Millers like ours.
    Post pics.

weekendwarrior
    Yeah, I've been to that site. Miller apparently started building boats in my hometown of Culver City.
    My boat came with the Olds/Jacuzzi wj. The Olds is gone & I've had a 509" BBC built. Goin' to the dyno on the 20th.
    Do you have a flat deck or the bubble deck? I heard they made several bleuprints to the bottom over the years. The late 70's-early 80's 19ft. ran over a 112 mph at the track. You can read what I read from their web site www.millercustomboats.com

75MillerJet
    wow there is actually someone else that owns a miller... i'm stoked.

'75 Miller
    Hey 75Millerjet what engine/pump combo did your boat come with? What's your gel look like?
    Here's mine.

75MillerJet
    Hey 75Millerjet what engine/pump combo did your boat come with? What's your gel look like?
    Here's mine.
    I purchased mine from a family friend about a year ago with the 455 Olds/Jacuzzi jet. First day out the motor seized on me so I've since dropped in a fresh 455. My gel coat looks nothing like yours man. I actually just took it in to get a quote on a new coat so i'll be bringing that in soon. And the seats are bare wood at the moment since i reconstructed them (old ones a little rotted out. I plan to have this boat for a while so I'm trying to swap out the necessities first and then move on to more power and such. I just turned 20 so I have many years of restoring ahead. Nice boat man send me some more pics when you get the chance so I can get some ideas at dirtwizerd@hotmail.com
    Thanx

1968Droptop
    I plan to have this boat for a while so I'm trying to swap out the necessities first and then move on to more power and such. I just turned 20 so I have many years of restoring ahead. [/email]
    Thanx
    Nice plan 75MillerJet. I wish I had my boat when I was 20yo, the fun I'd of had. It seems most of the people I've run into with old Jet boats are older (I'm 40 and feel like it....LOL). It's cool to see some younger guys with the desire to enjoy and rebuild these 70's era Jet boats.

pce680
    "Low Rider"driven by John Rennie ran in excess of 110 MPH in 1977/1978.
    This was the Record holder in Unblown Gas Jet in the NDBA.
    Don Ziegler had a Comp Jet called "No Respect" that held the record at 109.?? mph in 1979,also NDBA.
    These were the two fastest Miller V-Bottoms. Ron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast