Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in San Diego North County have..

ROZ
    a set of snow chains that will fit a 275/ 75/ 16 (SUV street tire)I can borrow over the weekend?Going to Reno tomorrow morning... :hammerhea
    I have 4wd, but need to carry the chains as well..

core attitude
    I might......they are in my storage in the OC. I will check and bring then home if they'll work.
    Pete

core attitude
    They fit 12-15LT to 12-16.5LT............let me know if you need them.
    Pete
    951-834-5500

BarryMac
    a set of snow chains that will fit a 275/ 75/ 16 (SUV street tire)I can borrow over the weekend?Going to Reno tomorrow morning... :hammerhea
    I have 4wd, but need to carry the chains as well..
    Roz, I've got a pair you can use, call me on my cell, I will hook you up...

Mandelon
    I have a set too, for 31 x 10.5's and near sizes. Never used em, but I got em. Lemme know!

GlastronGuy
    Chris,
    You won't need the chains. If you did, I'd be up there in Truckee.
    EDIT
    BTW, if chains are required on a 4X4 it's called an R-3 condition. I haven't seen them run an R-3 in years. They just shut the road.
    Of course, make sure the tires are M&S and in good condition.

Mandelon
    CHP will check to make sure you are carrying the chains, even with 4x4 and M+S tires. They can and will turn you back if you don't have them. I have had this set for years unopened. And I have been turned back for not carrying a set. :messedup:

GlastronGuy
    CHP will check to make sure you are carrying the chains, even with 4x4 and M+S tires. They can and will turn you back if you don't have them. I have had this set for years unopened. And I have been turned back for not carrying a set. :messedup:
    CHP will not check for chains. There is no law that says you have to carry them, it is only advisable. But, if you are in a big rig and get stopped at the truck screen in Applegate without chains, Caltrans will turn you back.
    If you got turned back it was because it was R-3 or the CHP didn't like you.

Lightning
    Now I need a set of chains.... Barry or Richard, still have a set available?

Her454
    CHP will not check for chains. There is no law that says you have to carry them, it is only advisable. But, if you are in a big rig and get stopped at the truck screen in Applegate without chains, Caltrans will turn you back.
    If you got turned back it was because it was R-3 or the CHP didn't like you.
    Chris is correct. I've gone over the passes for years now with just offroad tires and have never been stopped for chains. Just checked with a co-workers husband who is CHP and he said they do not "stop" for that specific reason unless the vehicle is not "equipped" for snow in hazardous conditions, ie: snow/offroad tires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast