Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's runnin big Mopars out there?

440jetster
    I forgot to add in the load factor.I rated my engine in static rpm/hp.I see what your saying about impeller size/cut.I originally wanted to run a 6-71 blower, but my pockets hit bottom too soon. Cp performance told me to use or start with an A cut for best all around performance. I will experiment this summer.The 440 engine is good, but difficult to balence in stock form. I have vibration problems, so I switched to the 400 block. I talked a guy in Canada who has great success with the B-1 engine. Jet boats kind of perform like drag cars. Your either on it or not, no gears to hide the imperfections!Life is great!!

MoJetBoPar
    Hey squirtcha?,
    I can't seem to call up that pic of this boat your talking about. I even tried typing in the whole message. Any tips?
    Hey 440Jetster,
    Did you have the 440 cranks rod journals offset ground to accomodate Chevy rods and a .990 pin for the extra cubes? Thats the only way I can figure how you ended up with all those cubes w/o welding up a stroker or adding in a new casting. Which Indy heads are you running? You might want to check into talking to a few boat engine builders before choosing your cam too.

I see what you mean. It's giving me fits too. Try this, click on the link and it'll try to find it. Let it look until it tells you (cannnot display) then click on refresh. For some reason it comes up then. Here's the link again.
    http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/***boats/terrnordic2.jpg

O.K. last time on the picture deal. Go to my post with the spinning Xoom symbol. On the top you'll see a symbol (letter with a red arrow) click on that then hit the back button. If it doesn't work after that I give up.

That one seems to work like that here's another one.
    http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/***boats/terrnordic.jpg

MoJetBoPar
    Hey Squirtcha?,
    Thanks! Sorry about all the effort required to post. Yeah, I've seen that boat on that really cool website "RealJetBoats". Veeeery nice. Mine is basically shaped the same except the rear deck has the older style rolled transom, no corners. His has a whole lot nicer paint and interior. Mine is red w/white interior. I gotta get some pic's to that website when it comes outta the barn this spring. Thanks again.

I was just kinda playing around anyway. So you already know about RealJetBoats. MikeC the guy that owns/runs the site and I boat together. It is definitely a good resource for jetboaters. Just keep after your machine. Do what you can, when you can afford it, and before you know it, yours will be every bit as nice as the one above. I applaud the fact that you're doing it just a little bit different than most. I used to own a 69 Dodge Charger RT with a 440, cam, headers, 850 double pumper, 4.11 posi rear end etc. It weighed a ton but handled great and ran like a molested ape. It'll definitely raise a few jetboat eyebrows when they see it.

MoJetBoPar
    Hey Squitcha?,
    The next time you see your buddy tell him he has a helluva website and Thank You. I've wanted a ***boat since I was a kid and now I'm pushing 40. Upon finding his site, it has educated me immensely on maintenance,tech. and terminology. The only other source being ***boat magazines Jet Tech column (better give em a plug).
    I'm going for a retro look with this hull I've got now. Gonna get rid of the home made over-the-transom headers, that are aluminized/ugly, and go thru transom style. I scored on a set of Nicson risers (dirt cheap) and before I knew Glenwood marine still stocked aluminum log-style headers (and risers) I had worked a deal on some cast iron manifolds. Not the ideal confiquration but it will work till I can spring for the Glenwood arrangement and I've got to quiet the boat down for family use. Eventually want to go to a low-riser dual 4 barrel edelbrock set-up. Again not state-of-the-art, but awesome retro.
    Ps- Is your boat "Ratsquirt"? That one has a nice hull styling with the dash forward of the pass. side.

440jetster
    MoJetBoPar, I contacted my parts guy and asked about the math on the "B" engine, and his kit makes a 451 cubic inch out of a standard bore 400. The 400 has more meat in the bores and has a 4.35inch bore verses the 440's 4.32inch. You can take a 400 out to .060 max. I'm going out .040. Mopar performance makes a new steel 4.125inch crank, which will allow a 400 to go up to 474cubic inch!! I'm baffeled at this too. The rods are made by Eagle, I cringe at the thought of having GM parts in my Mopar. I collect Mopars also, I have a 79' LiL red Express, 70'Roadrunner, 71' Demon, and had a nice 69' Charger R/T SE 4spd that my wife made me part with, so I bought my boat to sooth the pain! Check out Muscle motors web site, he has some cool stuff at great prices. Go to www.musclemotorsracing.com (http://www.musclemotorsracing.com) it might answer more of your questions. My boat pic is at www.rebelyello.homestead.com. (http://www.rebelyello.homestead.com.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast