Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Delta Lunch run pics - Oct 30th

Robbie Racer
    Hey Racer, what did you find out that let go in your drive?

Hammer
    MOBrien …. You’re on the right track. An HO upgrade will get you a minimum of 12 MPH more. There are a lot of folks in the offshore community that throw down the big bucks and buy aftermarket motors. That means there are always low hour factory crate motors out there for the taking. You just have to be patient and shop. Keep in mind, we have V Hulls, not a Tunnel or V Drive. Each boat has a purpose and ours are designed for hulling ass in ruff water, not Delta glass in the winter. Don’t worry about keeping up with the Joneses. Set your boat up to run fast enough to make your nipples hard and dependable at the same time. Flotillas are only fun when planed.
    They don’t have an F1 class in Off Shore racing for nothing. We need to go out in ruff water and air the boats out. ”Controlled Chaos at 70 MPH in 3 FT chop” :sqeyes: That’s what I’m talkin about. :notam: :notam:

Boatmaster
    Don't be fooled by the v in the front MObrien's boat is a tunnel, and will react well to small HP gains.

Dimarco21

BLEWBAYOU1
    We can't forget this one.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...62100_1545.JPG
    The other angle.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...782Delta12.JPG
    But we did make it back under our own power! those pics. were to get us to Lost Ile.(spelling)

21rayson
    hey 21dimarco i guess the block worked out. i hope i get the rayson finished soon looks like fun. would like too join you guys on some of the delta runs.

Dimarco21
    Hey 21rayson thankx again for the block. Come out and join us any time.

MOBrien
    Don't be fooled by the v in the front MObrien's boat is a tunnel, and will react well to small HP gains.
    Good lookin out Drew. You got to that one before I had a chance. I thought Hammer would've noticed with all the looks he got of my bow fully trimmed trying to keep up with these guys. Hammer, why do you thinik I didn't fly over those cruiser wakes like you and rent free later in the day? I wasn't turning pink, just didn't want to take a freakin beating.
    SO, come on everyone, let the advice fly on this one. REMEMBER, it has to be a good decision from the WIFE'S VIEW.....not from ours. That being said, am I seriously on a good track with getting this 2-bolter converted to 4, and then doing some additional motor work for more HP? If so, after I get the conversion done, what are the most logical & somewhat affordable next steps to more HP without going to a supercharger/blower? One things for sure, she'll never go for a new motor. I've got to work wiht what I've got and keep some of this shit under the radar somehow.
    what are your thoughts fellas? :idea:
    -MOB

BLEWBAYOU1
    MoBrien, I thought your boat ran very well,Dependability is more important than speed in my book(being that I have Kids).Just make sure what ever you do, it stays under the hatch cover. That way the wife will never know all the money your spending! :rollside:
    Brian

BLEWBAYOU1
    oops!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast