Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Boat flipping the easy way

Xlration Marine
    Bow eye up front. 2 ski tow or transom to trailer eye's. They are the same as the bow eye in most cases.

71tahiti
    I have a 71 tahiti torino(aka sidewinder,taylor,glastron,ect..) It has a wide beam and would be heavier than the boat flipped in that pic. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on this. lol Taller stands?? Im wondering if my bow eye can handle the flip. I would love to flip my boat and do some blueprinting on my hull.

GAWnCA
    No prob Bill. Glad to do it.
    Incidently I'm planning on flipping mine over around 3:00 tomorrow (sunday) afternoon, if you're free. Since you only made one boatisserie I'm stuck doing it the old fashioned way. Hell at least we get to hang out and talk boats for a while. That's always cool. I've got an alternative plan involving two cherry pickers. Not quite as cool as yours, but it should oughta work. Got Hotfish, Powertrip, Jetheaven, Ty, me, you if you can make it, and maybe Jimmy Sampica. That's probably enough to do it even without the "heavy equipment."
    Are you still active? Tried your email address on your web site and it no longer works.
    Thanks

bikerboater
    I built one of those deal years ago for doing cars. Basically like 2 oversized engine stands. As someone mentioned, structural steel isn't all that expensive. I used box tubeing and teliscopeing pipe for the swivel part. I drilled a hole in each outer pipe and welded on 1/2 nuts with bolts so you could lock it in any position. I was doing small British sports cars that probably were between 1000-1500lbs stripped down. In the car hobby, they refer to it as a rotiserie restoration. Sure beats standing on you head sanding and painting. Wish I had pics but I sold it to a guy in our club that was doing the same type of car.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345