Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boat flipping the easy way

That'll be similar to what I plan on doing today Art. Except I'll be using two cherry pickers (no chain hoist, or solid place high enough to attach one to).

GofastRacer
    That'll be similar to what I plan on doing today Art. Except I'll be using two cherry pickers (no chain hoist, or solid place high enough to attach one to).
    That should work just fine, should be easy enough to do!..

wsuwrhr
    I would be worried about ripping the bow eye out of my tank.
    What do you guys think of that?
    I just think the load isn't spread out very far.
    Brian

Hey Brian
    I was worried about it too. Turns out, guys have been doing it for years. You'd definitely want to make sure your bow eye is in good shape and tight to the hull though. Mine's brand new and I've checked it to make sure it's secure. It's good ta go.
    I think we overestimate the weight of our hulls due to the shear bulk/size of em. If yours is heavy (mine is considered to be a porker at 600 lbs.) it's still not all that much. Figure each end (front and rear) will need to be strong enough to support 300 lbs. They're more awkward than heavy, I think.

wsuwrhr
    600?
    Laughs
    Mine bare hull drawfs that number. have you ever seen my website? I had 8-10 people over when it cam time to manhandle my boat during gelcoating.
    Brian

GofastRacer
    I been doing like that since the 80's when I bought my D'Cucci hull brand new. If you think about it if you can hook up to a bow eye on a boat that's sunk and pull it up and float it, you sure should be able to turn a bare hull over with it!..

600?
    Laughs
    Mine bare hull drawfs that number. have you ever seen my website? I had 8-10 people over when it cam time to manhandle my boat during gelcoating.
    Brian
    Doing it by hand I could see where you might think it's that heavy, I've done a couple that way and it's no picnic. Like I said, I think they're more awkward than anything else.
    Here's a link to the way I did mine today. Could've done it with three people, but better with four. No lifting involved, just kinda guiding it.
    boat flipping and hook measuring. (http://jetboat.homestead.com/Kidsriding.html)

moneysucker
    If I or Rubber ducky ever invite a bunch of poeple to dirt lot marine for a picnic it is most likely a trick to get people to come help flip over one of the boats. Free food and beer but no food until the boats are flipped. We usually use a cherry picker and a strap around the pump makes things easier. I like the boatissere though. I may have to build one.

HeRsHeY dOnKeY
    DAMN! there seems to be some hook in dat dere hull huh?
    looks like you know what yer doin, thanks for the tech!

If I or Rubber ducky ever invite a bunch of poeple to dirt lot marine for a picnic it is most likely a trick to get people to come help flip over one of the boats. Free food and beer but no food until the boats are flipped. We usually use a cherry picker and a strap around the pump makes things easier. I like the boatissere though. I may have to build one.
    I'll keep that in mind just in case I find myself in your area, hungry, thirsty, and wanting to flip boats over.
    DAMN! there seems to be some hook in dat dere hull huh?
    looks like you know what yer doin, thanks for the tech!
    Thanks, but actually I don't know what I'm doing. Well not practically anyway. I've done lots of reading and checked out many pictures. This'll be the first time I've tried to blueprint a hull. We'll see how it goes. It's so bad I don't think I could possibly screw it up any worse than it is now.
    Let's just say that a true professional looked at the pictures and called it
    "a severe hook".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast