It's 9:37pm last night, a little cloud cover so everything is real quiet outside, and we hear screeching outside. We look out and see my stepson tearing out up the street and my daughter in law outside. She was visibly upset and calling 911, thought "oh sh*t, they got into a fight". Just about that time I hear Julia tell the officer on the phone "Our F**KING boat was stolen and my husband is chasing them!"
Turns out, their dog growled, Branden looked outside to see 2 guys hooking up his jet boat. He grabbed a bat and ran outside but they were already gone, turned around, grabbed his keys and took off in his truck.
He got to an intersection,
looked left---nothing
looked right---nothing
looked straight ahead----trailer lights, assholes hooked up the lights!
Off he goes, putting his new Hemi to work, speeding up a country road at near 80. Takes the left hand turn where the theives turned and saw his trailer lights again. This time they were only about 150 yards in front of him.....theives were abidding all the rules of the road. Branden catches them just as they were dumping the boat in the middle of an intersection ......blocking Branden's route to get to them.
Branden got close enough for a discription of the vehicle and a description of the guy that dumped the boat.
Got the boat back but the MF's got away.....for now. Not going to be too hard to find a late 70's fleetside Chevy pick-up painted Competition Orange.
lock those boat trailers everyone so you don't get into a situation like this, or worse.