Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud father

Desert Rat
    This year my son took on the task of fundraiser for Cal State Northridge. It is a competition in the Greek community (Frat's and Sorority) called Derby Days. Long story short he comes up with ideas to get all the houses to try and raise money for ChildrenÂ’s Hospital and the ChildrenÂ’s Miracle network (His charity choice's). He went to local business to get them donate for an auction he even got a few jewelry stores to donate jewelry. During this time all the sororities are trying to win points from him for first place and bragging rights to the best house etc. The last time this was done (every two years) they raised approx $4000. This year they raised $11,000!!! He told them that if they reached the $10,000 mark he would shave his headÂ…Funny he used to cry when I had that done to him as a kid. The children of ChildrenÂ’s hospital asked if they could do the clipper honors so next week he gets his head shaved! IÂ’m one pretty proud Dad. It makes you feel pretty damn good when your children do something like this. The wife and I must have done something right! This was the best sorority costume winner. Please no Raider or Laker wise cracks. I think I would be pretty happy to be in the middle of that too if I was (quite) a few years younger. Just wanted to share my happiness.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ders_girls.jpg

ahhell
    Congrats to you and your son...
    Hell id shave my head just to stand in that pic... :devil:

MsDrmr
    well, you definitly did something right.....I know thats a great feeling, congrats on the wonderful man you and the mrs have worked so hard to raise....He has done a wonderful thing and you should be very proud

Keithb87
    Congrats to him for his achievement... Oh and the 11,000 dollars too

spectratoad
    Right on. It has to be good to see what your kids can achieve. And yes I would shave my head too to be in the middle of that.

Tom Brown
    I'm happy for your son but I feel like that guy in the upper right. It's not that I'm not happy for him but I know I could never get that kind of action.

JetBoatRich
    Congratulations to your Son Paul, you should be proud

ChumpChange
    I take it that your son is a Sigma Chi?

LVJAKAZ
    Good job!!!! You raised a great kid

Desert Rat
    I take it that your son is a Sigma Chi?
    Yeah Sigma Chi Zeti Xi chapter. You familiar with them? I wasn't to sure I even wanted him to join a frat when he went to school buy I must say that his frat does quite a bit of good for the community (when they aren't getting blasted that is )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast