Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hose fittings

Squirtin Thunder
    I have desided on size of hose but now I am having a hard time desiding what type of fittings to go with. There are the Socketless fittings the AQP fittings the TFE fittings the Reusable fittings the Swivelseal fittings the auto-fit fittings the Perform-O-Flex fittings the Auto-Flex fittings the Pro-lite fittings. Hell I have no idea. The boat had Areoquipt hose and a fitting that had two barbs on it that was incredibly hard to push on. I am thinking that it was good with that type of fitting, it lasted all these years.
    Help
    Jim

Get ahold of Superdave, he can steer you in the right direction AND save you $$$$$.

bakerjet
    this is just me but i replumbed my entire jet boat last summer talked to a few shops and to basset all advised me on using -8 AN fittings and braided hose and you can use aluminum or stainless whichever you have the money for i got mine from summit & jegs hose and all,cut your hose with a dremal tool but be sure to wrap it with black tape before you cut it or the hose will fray and use anti sieze on everything especialy when you thread the fitting together to make the hose end and work off a vice.

Squirtin Thunder
    I have desided on size of hose but now I am having a hard time desiding what type of fittings to go with. There are the Socketless fittings the AQP fittings the TFE fittings the Reusable fittings the Swivelseal fittings the auto-fit fittings the Perform-O-Flex fittings the Auto-Flex fittings the Pro-lite fittings. Hell I have no idea. The boat had Areoquipt hose and a fitting that had two barbs on it that was incredibly hard to push on. I am thinking that it was good with that type of fitting, it lasted all these years.
    Help
    Jim
    But what are the fittings I need ???
    So many to choose from. I am going to be running -8 hose.
    Jim

Sleek-Jet
    I've used both Aeroquip and Goodridge. Both make good fittings and hose. I think all the push-lock (not steel braided hose) is made by Goodyear, so you're just looking at differences in the fittings.
    Goodridge (Summit store brand) is a good fitting for the price. GoFastRacer here on the boards sells it as a Goodridge dealer.

MudPumper
    Push on hose can be a pain in the ass. The trick is this. Microwave some water in a coffee mug. Get it steaming hot. Soak the end of the push on hose in the hot water for about a minute. Coat the end of the AN fitting with spit and push on. Once you start pushing the hose on, don't stop until it is on all the way. You only get one shot with this type of hose. When using straight AN fitting I put them on a piece of plywood on the ground so I can use my body weight. When using 45* or 90* I clamp the fitting in a vice with thick rubber pads that have cutouts for the fittings. -12 and -10 are a piece of cake. -8 and -6 can get challenging.

bakerjet
    you want the full flow swivel hose end made by russell or earls and the proflex hose (russell) all of this is in jeg's or summit,again be sure to use anti sieze when you make up the fitting or it will gauld. :wink:

bottom feeder
    But what are the fittings I need ???
    So many to choose from. I am going to be running -8 hose.
    Jim
    Jim You will need fittings for -8 hose I would recomend the areoquipt stuff. Never had an problem. If you have A Applied Industrial technologies near by try them first. Here they beat all the automotive shops on the price by some margin.

Jake W2
    Most all my stuff is Earl's some Russell.I will say that on my remote oil filter relocator I used the Jegs brand fittings (trying to save like 5 bucks or something)and they faded out with in two trips to the lake(just the ones exposed to the sun)so beware.
    Now I would like to go back and redo every thing in the Black ano Earl's fittings.I used them on my water inlet from the pump on the transom and they look nice.But really do not want to spend another 800 bucks on all the AN fittings and SS hose I would need.
    Jake

Squirtin Thunder
    This line will be going from the fuel selector to the pump it will be -8 and it will be Areoquipt Blue 300psi hose. So do I need to go slip-loc type or socket screw in type ???? It had the slip lock for almost 30 years.
    Thanks
    Jim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast