Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Projects?

SPECTRABRENT
    Since the v-drive forum has a winter project thread, I figured the jet forum needs one to.
    My winter jet project a 1974 Spectra 20 (jet).
    My goal is to have a brand new Spectra 20, I want it to look like it just came off the showroom floor @ Burbank Marine. I will keep the gelcoat & interior (back to back front bench seat, doghouse engine cover & two jump seats) the way Spectra made it in 1974, but with a couple of updated changes.
    The motor will be a Merlin 572 with 10/71 & Brodix heads
    I already have the heads & the blower
    THe pump & intake will be Aggressor
    I just bought the intake, AQ shaft & Don's preloader
    Things that are done:
    reglassed stringers & reglassed intake for set back pump.
    Things that need to be done this winter:
    regel the outside of the hull (lots of glass work)
    I will gelcoat the inside of the hull (black)
    install the intake & have the bottom blueprinted
    Restore the trailer, it needs everything
    Brent

My winter project is to try to weld up the cracks in my pump housing. If it works, cool. If not, I'll be looking for an E housing and a ton of advice.....

FOURQ
    already have my boat stripped and all the hardware at the chrome shop(polishing sux). gana regell it and try to get a unblown injected 468 on alcohol built if time and money permit..gana do a few bottom mods while she is fliped and possibly set a new intake as well and a few more mods to the pump....workin on makin some custom gell since i cant find metalic gell anywear..anyone have a recomendation? alredy tried crystaliner,valspar, and sherfab...
    4Q

Nucking futs
    Build a boat, build an engine you know just winter stuff........

MudPumper
    I'm adding a shoe and rideplate, blueprinting the bottom and may set back the pump. Project after that is more HP.

Some Kind Of Monster
    My winter project is almost done :smile:
    http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59256

riverbound
    my winter project is to work out all the bugs on the new motor. And if I can find a set of lightnings those might be added too. :idea:

Shark In The Pond
    I'm adding a shoe and rideplate, blueprinting the bottom and may set back the pump. Project after that is more HP.
    Ditto here ...putting shoe and rideplate ,droop then looking for some dart heads change cam and intake .

Jake W2
    FOURQ Gel is not like paint you will need to spray the color gel you want then spray a layer of clear gel and then blow the color of flake you want on it then spray more clear gel to cover it.This is from the Valspar rep where I bought my gel.They have all the diffrent color flake you would need 1800 472 4551 this place is in Stover Mo.
    My project a 78 Earl smith 18 gullwing,I need to rewetsand it with 1500 then repolish the deck put the black ano rubrail on.Make new fenders and paint rebunk the trailer.Finish polishing my Victor manifold for the motor send some stuff to get anodized ,flowcoat the stringers builge and gunnel suports.Make a splash guard.Build the pump.Carpet what is not flow coated.Rerig the whole boat ect.
    Atleast the list is shorter than last year.
    Jake

I am switching to a SS double A impellor in my cheyenne, plus look and see why the distributor stopped turning when the motor turns over. Switching to a BBF in my 23' jet boat and going to a 9.5" impellor. Also going to switch to a single plane manifold on the cheyenne and remove the NOS. maybe put the NOS on the gull-wing boat just for kicks.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast